Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Extended CB-18 Cyclops

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 17>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Father-Francis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2011 at 10:07pm
how would you compare them to hogs if you´ve heard hogs
Music is the strongest form of magic.(+45 31879997)blakmanpro@gmail.com, foa@sweetboxaudio.dk
streetsounds View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote streetsounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2011 at 11:38pm
You can low pass this bin at 35hz and high pass it at 120-140hz, but Ilike it at 120. During our testing (single bin) it registered almost down to 38 hz but that just a software from an ipod.. I think we can ask staip for the horn resp simulation.
Bass matters...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote streetsounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2011 at 11:39pm
Sorry got no idea hows the hogs sound, maybe the other guys can...

Edited by streetsounds - 23 January 2011 at 11:43pm
Bass matters...
zetatech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zetatech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2011 at 1:42am
sir. .  i have questions about your bins:

1. what kind of 8mm ply do you use. . the 8mm plywood or plyboard??
2. A pair of this would need how many pcs. of plywood/plyboard?

thank you
djeddie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djeddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2011 at 12:52pm
8mm? Surely you mean 18mm?

Chas n Dave : it's like Drum and Bass but with beards.             E=mc² ±3dB
djyves View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djyves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2011 at 3:19pm
For a CB-18 you need 2 sheets (244x122cm) and you'll use almost the whole sheet.

So I think you need 2,5 of 3 sheets for the CBe-18.

"If brute force doesn't work, you're just not using enough!"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote streetsounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2011 at 3:32am
yup, 1 cab consumed almost 3 sheets. I dont have the exact info on what's the most economical way of laying out and cutting the sheets. I just asked an experienced builder to build those bins for me.
Bass matters...
mykey- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2011 at 3:49am
try this, and it's free

http://www.maxcut.co.za/tutorials/
davey t View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davey t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2011 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by streetsounds streetsounds wrote:

Asked Staip to extend the depth to 700mm, built it and tested it and here it goes..Amazing sub...loaded them with SD18ELClapClapClap

.. loud, heavy and clean..no movement of any sort was noticed on the bins during the testing, even the RCF on top stands still..lovely

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wKKIQDv7x4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-jkwXbnYbQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4Ki6vcv8hk&feature=player_embedded

I'm sorry but what kinda awful music do you test your speakers with! at least do them some justice and rinse out some dub!

Wicked design... well built
Minirig portable soundsystem movement
CCAV View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCAV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2011 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by staiper staiper wrote:

[QUOTE=rish]

Hi guys. sorry to butt in but i have 2 faital pro 18hp1020 drivers and was wondering if this driver will work well in the cyclops. i really like the design . thanks to STAIPER.

Hello Stipe
I've just finished painting and loading 2 CBe-18 cabinets and thought you would like to see some more of your design in a finished product  You can see the whole project at
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2081972&id=1008565733&l=c96d644b96 (hopefully this link will work)
I'll be testing them out early next week in a club
I have already run a single sub for a test and was very happy with how musical it was  how directional it was and the amount of volume that came from this box The speakers in this set were from a company here in the states similar to a JBL 2240 That's what I had to work with for now but will take your suggestion and load them with RCF Thanks for a great design looking forward to building 6 more

In my early years my favorite phrase was "If it's too loud your too old" Now I'm just too old

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote streetsounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2011 at 9:00am
Very nice work indeed, love the panel joints
Bass matters...
FlipC View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FlipC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2011 at 1:10am
Great build CCAV
Where you at in NC?
Also what paint you got on them?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 17>