FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

JBL JRX 125 vs. Cerwin Vega V253

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
SamV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: JBL JRX 125 vs. Cerwin Vega V253
    Posted: 15 July 2011 at 1:16am
Why all the hate on the JRX :( Mine are reliable, don't sound too bad after eq and pay for themselves every month.
Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2011 at 10:49pm
Interesting Info.

Cheers gents.
**Heavy Weight-Line**
A home without books is like a body with no soul.
rich_gale View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rich_gale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2011 at 8:00pm
@ Tekasis

V253's have cast frame high sensitivity 15" woofers, a large compression driver on large horn + vhf (piezo i think).  big sounding boxes for cheap - make sure you get the original cerwin drivers tho.

a different league to the cheapo JBL JRX range- 10yrs+ between manufacture dates.  and in these 10 years its all gone down hill  
REFLEX ALL THE WAY.... (however, im playing with horns again...) That ok Mister Valiant? :)
djwes99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djwes99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2011 at 7:44pm
if your mate is looking for something similar again, hunt down some MR's or Sr's, MR825's or 925's often sell for as little as £150 a pair (and the compression drivers alone in them are worth about £100 a pair second hand value, especially the ones in the 925 as they are the same as eon's!) or a while back i sold some 12" + 1" jbl sr-x (can't remember the model) for about £300 for the pair, even as a 12" when fed with 600w RMS the sr 12" model wipes the floor with a 15" JRX and will even almost produce as much bass as the dual 15" but will sound tighter and smoother especially on the top end.... gotta bear in mind the 2206hpl driver used in the SRX series is more of a sub driver and has a 8mm X-max verses the JRX drivers which are about 4mm! other budget cabs worth looking at that will also eniliate JRX's...... Celestion (very under-rated) and NJD (even more underrated! if you get NJD with celestion drivers @ 600w rms (each) they rival JBL srx, and a 15" + cdx celestion horn loaded cab can sell for as little as £200 a pair on ebay) also worth looking out for DAS gear, often referred to as the spanish version of EV, & if your after speakers for dance music (i assume most people looking at this thread are, as this is a dual 15" + horn topic) DARE AUDIO produce some amazing speakers for dance music, which often have B & C, celestion or JBL components in them, thou sadly they are often made from MDF and suffer water damage, so simply copying the cab and re-building them in ply and re-using the drivers can be a great way to go..... dare gear often sells for much less that you could even dream of buying the components for :s
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few..... or the one.
Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2011 at 10:39am

After reading through these pages, any more comments? My mate's looking for similar cabs! Thanx.

**Heavy Weight-Line**
A home without books is like a body with no soul.
dancrez1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dancrez1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2010 at 5:43pm
i bought the cerwin 252's insted of jrx series, never had a problem with any of the horns....took a right hammering weekly from my pv2600 amp n sounded great mid and top but no real bass deliverance from bottom 15 driver.. had nowt but problems with the cerwin 152's tho wi blowing horns..... I STAY AWAY FROM CERWINS NOW! the older cabs im not sure?? but im tipping JBL will beat em hands down
DjDanCrez....Denon dns all the way.......
djwes99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djwes99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2010 at 1:04am
Consider also the JBL MR range, they were just under the SR range in the product line up, hand made in USA unlike JRX all made in china, 1x15's originally were about £1000 a pair where as srx were about £2000 back when £2000 was a lot of money look at how much JRX's are now and thecomparison is obviously huje, the MR series are in a similar line to the new M-Pro series. MR825's 250w rms but 101db sens often go for about £200 - £250 a pair on ebay the compression drivers alone (2416h) are worth more than that.
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few..... or the one.
rich_gale View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rich_gale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2010 at 11:16am
REFLEX ALL THE WAY.... (however, im playing with horns again...) That ok Mister Valiant? :)
rich_gale View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rich_gale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2010 at 11:12am
lgosdset View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lgosdset Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2010 at 1:11am
Originally posted by pfly pfly wrote:

I hate JRX series "jbl". It just makes me angry to think how they are ripping people off with stuff like that and with name like that.
If you can pick a pair up cheap second hand they are not too bad for the price, but new, no way. I have had quite a bit of use out of mine and they have done a good job for most things.

Recently I have upgraded the comps in mine, converted them to two way, and stuck some 18" subs underneath. They do the job fine and with a new comp the top end is clean.
pfly View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2010 at 12:51am
I hate JRX series "jbl". It just makes me angry to think how they are ripping people off with stuff like that and with name like that.
_djk_ View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _djk_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2010 at 12:32am
"all the rest are taken with the wind behind them."

And going downhill.

djk
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>