Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Events and Ting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rice & Peas Sound Check 28th Nov 10

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vibration Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rice & Peas Sound Check 28th Nov 10
    Posted: 12 November 2010 at 2:34pm

AV PROMOTIONS

PRESENTS
RICE & PEAS SOUND CHECK
ON SUN 28th/Nov/10
@
ROYAL HALL BLIT MANSION 4/16
DEPTFORD BRIDGE RD SE8 4HH
SOUNDS BY

SIR MARCUS/RAPTURE STREET SOUND
&
  CHIN HI POWER

4PM/10PM ENTRY £2 donation  
GOOD BEHAVIOUR
NO SMOKING
avpromotions1@gmail.com  facebook.com/avpromotion
DONT FORGET XMAS SOUND CHECK
ON SUN 19TH DEC Big smile

Edited by Vibration - 19 November 2010 at 5:23pm
Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2010 at 8:27pm
Originally posted by Vibration Vibration wrote:

SIR MARCUS/RAPTURE STREET SOUND
&
  CHIN HI POWER
Ain't this the sound check where the Ligwa ECO Full scoops can be heard ? 

DONT FORGET XMAS SOUND CHECK
ON SUN 19TH DEC Big smile

Who's in this X-mas line up yet ?

Must be a special blast to round off the year...

**Heavy Weight-Line**
A home without books is like a body with no soul.
Vibration View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vibration Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2010 at 12:52am

Yes Tek,the new Ligwa Eco Full scoop will be on display at this sound check im not sure about it being heard? as i dont think any of the sounds on the night will be useing them who knows?

Who's in this X-mas line up yet ?

Must be a special blast to round off the year...

Yes sir,its gonna be a good night to round of the year 2010 where we will have 3 heavy weights feat? go to facebook.com/avpromotions to find out more then tell me what you think,if the roof cant be lifted off with 4 scoops that night then it never will.Big smile
Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2010 at 5:11pm

the new Ligwa Eco Full scoop will be on display at this sound check im not sure about it being heard? as i dont think any of the sounds on the night will be useing them who knows? 

Ok, still looking to hear them one day!

Yes sir,its gonna be a good night to round of the year 2010 where we will have 3 heavy weights feat? go to facebook.com/avpromotions to find out more then tell me what you think,if the roof cant be lifted off with 4 scoops that night then it never will.Big smile 

Clap I see what you mean... Clap

Couldn't ask for better Thumbs Up

Should bring out many SP massives on this one!
Clap
**Heavy Weight-Line**
Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2010 at 5:13pm

SIR MARCUS

Are they anything to do with the original Jah Marcus ?

Edited by Tekasis - 27 November 2010 at 5:13pm
**Heavy Weight-Line**
luton_soundman View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luton_soundman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2010 at 7:38pm
Looking to reach down on Sunday for this, any other SP members going??
Sound Hire/Sales new/used equipment.
Gee136 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gee136 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2010 at 9:43pm
This event is where all soundsystem fans should attend!! It's all about the sound system equipment & the way the sound man uses it!! The building is a solid concrete rendered building, so it sucks the living daylights out of a soundsystem!! (no matter how good it is) But those who know how to produce a great sound from their equipment will master the venue!! Remember this event is full of all types of sound men, that's why the vibes is wicked!!! I'm always in attendance, again big up AV Promotion for keeping the soundsystem business kicking!!!
Goverment Sound (weight & treble roots machine)

When Goverment ah play, infidels, ginals & masqueraders run away.....
tweeter box View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tweeter box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2010 at 11:40pm
i start work at 8pm so might get there early n check it for a bit
soundcritic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soundcritic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2010 at 11:59pm
I have just come back from the sound check. First and foremost big respect to all the three sound who played on the night.

As I entered Rapture sound were playing: they had 4 bass bins and they had 4 double midrange boxes with horns in them and another 3 midrange boxes with another 2 sets of horns. I couldnt see the make of them. In total they had 13 x 15inchs for midrange. The set sounded too loud and lacked clarity. They were using a laptop with serato which seemed to be sending a distorted signal to their mixer and then it went downhill from there. They were using the old peavey 2000 amps from what I could see. All in all the set sounded medioka and lacked quality and for the amount of midrange they had in the building sould have sounded alot better.

Now if you think that sounds like alot of equipment wait until you hear what Chin Hi Power were using..

First and foremost they had 3 x at least 24 until amp cases fulled to the brim with 2 of them filled with Peavey amps and C audio amps. Looked extremely impressive and their boxes also looked imporessive, Looked like they were getting ready to play in Wembly arena! They were using 4 scoop bins with another 4 midrange boxes. Each midrange box consisted of a 15 inch, 12inch, a folded horn and 4 bullet tweeters. On top of that they had another 32 tweeters (4 boxes of 8 tweeters). So in total they had 48 tweeters, 4 horns, 8 midranges and 4 bins. There noise box sounded extremely loud and very clear but that was the only thing that sounded good. Their mic section was poor and sounded flat like it needed to be eq'd. There bass was weak and it sounded like they just needed to tune up their set.

Marcus hi power had the least equipment but in my opinion was exactly right for the size of the hall. The set up was basic but worked. They had 4 scoop bins, 2 x 15 inch wide flare mid range boxes and another 2 x 12inch flared mids with 8 tweeters. By far they sounded the cleanest o all the 3 sounds and had by far much less equipment. Their bass was solid and midrange was good but needed better tweeters (looked like they were using piezos)

In my opinion they sounded the best by far and although sound check is not about music, they also played the best music and were consistent in each round.

However to put this into context, although Marcus Hi Power by far sounded the best, all 3 sounds who played the previous month at soundcheck would all have sounded better (Qualitex, Vibes Squad and Entity). I think the promoters are clearly trying to put sounds who are of a similar quality in each round of soundcheck.

Big respec to AV promotions, cant wait for the xmas edition which I hear the line up is good!
QSS View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QSS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2010 at 1:15am
+1 soundcritic. agreed on most of what is said above.

Rapture's  double 15's were wharfdale and the single 15's and tweeters were intimidations. owch!!! They need to turn the volume down on there laptop for a start, and then!.................EEmmmm.

Chin high power...............................Tooooooooo much of everything equipment wise caused confusion in the end product. (40 x Piezos!!!......WHY???????)

King Marcus...Clap. Nice to see old school sound still doing the business. just need to get rid of those piezos and get a couple of nice comps and some bullets and thats it.

Overhall a nice night again, nice to meet up with a few sp members. Worth the drive
Big up to AV Promotions

Edited by QSS - 29 November 2010 at 1:22am
"Music is life"
balistic_sounds View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote balistic_sounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2010 at 3:00am

i also agree on the above

tweeter box View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tweeter box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2010 at 4:31am
Originally posted by soundcritic soundcritic wrote:

I have just come back from the sound check. First and foremost big respect to all the three sound who played on the night.

As I entered Rapture sound were playing: they had 4 bass bins and they had 4 double midrange boxes with horns in them and another 3 midrange boxes with another 2 sets of horns. I couldnt see the make of them. In total they had 13 x 15inchs for midrange. The set sounded too loud and lacked clarity. They were using a laptop with serato which seemed to be sending a distorted signal to their mixer and then it went downhill from there. They were using the old peavey 2000 amps from what I could see. All in all the set sounded medioka and lacked quality and for the amount of midrange they had in the building sould have sounded alot better.

Now if you think that sounds like alot of equipment wait until you hear what Chin Hi Power were using..

First and foremost they had 3 x at least 24 until amp cases fulled to the brim with 2 of them filled with Peavey amps and C audio amps. Looked extremely impressive and their boxes also looked imporessive, Looked like they were getting ready to play in Wembly arena! They were using 4 scoop bins with another 4 midrange boxes. Each midrange box consisted of a 15 inch, 12inch, a folded horn and 4 bullet tweeters. On top of that they had another 32 tweeters (4 boxes of 8 tweeters). So in total they had 48 tweeters, 4 horns, 8 midranges and 4 bins. There noise box sounded extremely loud and very clear but that was the only thing that sounded good. Their mic section was poor and sounded flat like it needed to be eq'd. There bass was weak and it sounded like they just needed to tune up their set.

Marcus hi power had the least equipment but in my opinion was exactly right for the size of the hall. The set up was basic but worked. They had 4 scoop bins, 2 x 15 inch wide flare mid range boxes and another 2 x 12inch flared mids with 8 tweeters. By far they sounded the cleanest o all the 3 sounds and had by far much less equipment. Their bass was solid and midrange was good but needed better tweeters (looked like they were using piezos)

In my opinion they sounded the best by far and although sound check is not about music, they also played the best music and were consistent in each round.

However to put this into context, although Marcus Hi Power by far sounded the best, all 3 sounds who played the previous month at soundcheck would all have sounded better (Qualitex, Vibes Squad and Entity). I think the promoters are clearly trying to put sounds who are of a similar quality in each round of soundcheck.

Big respec to AV promotions, cant wait for the xmas edition which I hear the line up is good!

couldnt have said it better myself, Marcus sound was very nice, controlled and powerfull bassline, needed some more on the top end though, best music selection by far! (anybody know the leroy smart 7" they played?) not sure if they were using a preamp or something similar??

Chinhipower had enuff equipment to do 2 x trucks at nottinghill lol

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>