Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pimp my speakers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2010 at 2:16pm
How the hell have you managed to blow those crossovers? Those boxes are indestructible in my opinion. I've given them 1000wrms all weekend long doing dubstep full range. The crossover were glowing but even then didn't blow.
djfaceatl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djfaceatl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2010 at 3:58pm
I know quite a few poeple who have blown the crossovers on the JRX series. 
Behind me is infinite power.
Before me is endless possibility.
Around me is boundless opportunity.
Why should I fear?
SamV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2010 at 1:17am
Tell 'em to use them properly.
lgosdset View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lgosdset Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2010 at 3:37am
Originally posted by SamV SamV wrote:

Tell JBL to make better crossovers. I was running them on a CaudioGB602, it was no where near clipping, The amp was cruising at probably 1/2-2/3 power. Only one side blew so I still had some sound thankfully.

To be honest, I have used these speakers a lot and they have done an excelent job so far, but its time for an upgrade, and this problem has made me decide to take the step. I have never really liked the top end performance they have either.

Strange Daze View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strange Daze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2010 at 9:14am
Originally posted by lgosdset lgosdset wrote:

Originally posted by SamV SamV wrote:

Tell JBL to make better crossovers. I was running them on a CaudioGB602, it was no where near clipping, The amp was cruising at probably 1/2-2/3 power. Only one side blew so I still had some sound thankfully.

I've pumped thousands of Matrix watts into them in the past, with no issues. (at a 72 hour festy, running prettty much all the time)
Maybe it was a funny transient in the track or something wrong with the amplifier...or maybe even just a dodgy crossover. It does happen. Don't think it's a reason to diss the whole brand :)
lgosdset View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lgosdset Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2010 at 4:13am

agree with you, I think it was just their time to go, I have absoutly ragged them in the past and they have stood up to it well. anyway;

I shall be ordering new paint, horns, and comps a week today. going to get busy sanding them down and making bigger cutouts for the new horns, handles and ports. Decided to go for 1.4" Paudio drivers in the end on  wide dispersion Paudio horns.

Still haven't completely made my mind up on using neo drivers yet.

backlash View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backlash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2010 at 4:36am
Originally posted by fuzzylogic fuzzylogic wrote:

These sound like Backlashes old boxes??
If so one of those P-audio's still belongs to me.lol.

Ours are still with us and the p audio was given to us lol!
According to suicide statistics, Monday is the favored day for self-destruction.

Sound Hire
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12