Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Golden oldies
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Disco supplies gone after 42 years

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
simonharris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simonharris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Disco supplies gone after 42 years
    Posted: 09 September 2018 at 11:08am
See the Glitter systems thread for Ricks's Disco Supplies pics
Jack the Lad, Have-a-go hero, Cheeky Monkey, National Treasure, Global symbol of Courage & Dignity.
djempire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djempire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2018 at 12:27pm
Hi Simon 

Some more memories of disco supplies and dj empire pics ready to send to you, maybe your publish for me! I

Regards Rick Marston
richardmarston2@gmail.com
simonharris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simonharris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2010 at 4:31pm
They were originally in Chadwell Heath high road, then their shop became JIF's records. Disco Supplies was owned by Bill and Rick, I first went there in about 1975
Jack the Lad, Have-a-go hero, Cheeky Monkey, National Treasure, Global symbol of Courage & Dignity.
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2010 at 3:14pm
Be seeing you.
olly-fuel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote olly-fuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2010 at 9:35am
There was a disco shop in deeside that closed 2 years ago, it had been there forever, used to go there with my dad on my birthdays to buy new bulbs and bulgin leads lol, times changed and the shop didnt, alot of the stuff in there was real vintage kit, that cobined with cheep internet kit killed it off :(
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2010 at 9:15am
Oh dear,it seems you are right Gaz,that's a shame after all those years.

Edited by jbl_man - 22 November 2010 at 9:18am
Be seeing you.
GAZ. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAZ. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2010 at 12:40am
Just seen that DJ empire who used to be Disco supplies in chadwell heath has ceased trading. They certainly did well to keep going for 42 years. I'm sure many of us used gear from there back in the day...
100% Earth Moving Bass
 Post Reply Post Reply