Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Feedback Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

B&C sub 18's

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big-G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B&C sub 18's
    Posted: 25 November 2010 at 2:41pm
Well i have got 4 sub 18's finished now, loaded with PD186's and driven by a Qsc 4050, what a cabinet, they sound better than a lot of commercially available cabs i have heard, plenty of sub and nice and punchy, i did think i would regret selling my horns but i don't. Overall i am very happy with these cabs, now just need to build another 4.

Big thanks to Markie for the grills and to everyone else who answered my numerous questions.

Edited by Big-G - 25 November 2010 at 2:51pm
They know what is what but they don't know what is what they just strut what the .
t.geessounds View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t.geessounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2010 at 3:08pm
look good Thumbs Up r those tops 2 way or 3way
iand4403 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iand4403 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2010 at 3:24pm
Yeah what tops are those?
lickweed View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lickweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2010 at 3:49pm
Looks like old jbl sr series
http://www.liquidsound.co.uk/
Big-G View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big-G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2010 at 6:06pm
The tops are JBL 4852's they are three way, i run them Bi amped as they have a 8k passive crossover in the cab for the 2404H's, the 2" is a 2446HPL (1.2k - 8k) and the 12's are 2206HPL's (90 - 1.2k). I'm now making some grills for them to match the bins.

Edited by Big-G - 25 November 2010 at 6:08pm
They know what is what but they don't know what is what they just strut what the .
bmw28 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmw28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2010 at 1:16am
Big- G did you use a wadding the boxes or extra bracing or this you stick the orginal plans, also what crossovers points did you use...

looking good..

Edited by bmw28 - 27 November 2010 at 1:17am
samwills View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samwills Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2010 at 1:07am
What sub design you using there??
look like they would suit my next upgrade perfectly.
Cheers.
mk2_ginger_biscuit69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2010 at 5:21am
Originally posted by samwills samwills wrote:

What sub design you using there??
look like they would suit my next upgrade perfectly.
Cheers.

maybe they are B&C sub18's.....

Love the pd186 reflex, my favourite setup of the moment!
''Remember that the object of a subwoofer is to enhance the output of your main speakers, not overpower it''

''Dubstep - an elongated electronic fart''
Ryan94 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2010 at 1:46pm
They look great paul. Bet they sound good as well, my pair sound lovely, bet 4 of them sound even better!
supremesoundz View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supremesoundz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2010 at 2:03pm
lovely cabs... Use a fane 18xb loaded ones regularly and they sound fantastic
Big-G View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big-G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2010 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by bmw28 bmw28 wrote:

Big- G did you use a wadding the boxes or extra bracing or this you stick the orginal plans, also what crossovers points did you use...

looking good..

The bins are crossed at 32Hz high pass and 125Hz low pass, i put some extra bracing inside the cabs because to me they looked like they needed it, the top and bottom (or sides depending on how you stack them) are a large panel to just leave with no bracing, there is wadding in there too. HTH, Paul.
Big-G View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big-G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2010 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by Ryan94 Ryan94 wrote:

They look great paul. Bet they sound good as well, my pair sound lovely, bet 4 of them sound even better!

They have exceeded my expectations, chest pounding eye wobbling bass is the best way i can describe it Big smile.

cant wait to get another 4 built but i'll need some more tops then and amps and cables and.........
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>