Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Feedback Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

B&C sub 18's

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philw44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2010 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by Big-G Big-G wrote:

Originally posted by bmw28 bmw28 wrote:

Big- G did you use a wadding the boxes or extra bracing or this you stick the orginal plans, also what crossovers points did you use...

looking good..

i put some extra bracing inside the cabs because to me they looked like they needed it, the top and bottom (or sides depending on how you stack them) are a large panel to just leave with no bracing, there is wadding in there too. HTH, Paul.

I may need to consider adding bracing to my Sub 15's. They do seem to rattle a little bit excessively.. you can't hear it when the cabs are in full flow but still a bit of a annoyance
rich_gale View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rich_gale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2010 at 9:31pm
wow.  lovely looking rig there.  id imagine your 'mid/tops' will keep up with 8 of those sub 18's!.  how do the 2206's sound?  are they real jbl cones, or aftermarket?  look darker than mine
REFLEX ALL THE WAY.... (however, im playing with horns again...) That ok Mister Valiant? :)
Big-G View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big-G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2010 at 9:15am
Hi rich, they are original JBL cones just with a light dusting of halford's satin black. The 2206's sound good, wouldn't want to push them any higher than 1.2k though, i did have them crossed at 1.8k then 1.5k but they didn't sound right to me, crossed over at 1.2k they sound fine. The mid tops are a very loud box indeed, i would think they would keep up with 8 sub 18's without an issue but the two tops with 4 sub 18's does sound nice and balanced. 
They know what is what but they don't know what is what they just strut what the .
lgosdset View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lgosdset Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2010 at 12:52pm

Hi rich, they are original JBL cones just with a light dusting of halford's satin black. The 2206's sound good, wouldn't want to push them any higher than 1.2k though, i did have them crossed at 1.8k then 1.5k but they didn't sound right to me, crossed over at 1.2k they sound fine. The mid tops are a very loud box indeed, i would think they would keep up with 8 sub 18's without an issue but the two tops with 4 sub 18's does sound nice and balanced. 

What amp/amps are you driving your subs with?
rich_gale View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rich_gale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2010 at 1:19pm
I have a nice image of one day putting together a similar style system.  with 2x pd2450 a side, up to 90hz, dual 2206 from 90-500hz then for 500hz+ a jbl 2360a each side with a bms coax compression driver
REFLEX ALL THE WAY.... (however, im playing with horns again...) That ok Mister Valiant? :)
Big-G View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big-G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2010 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by lgosdset lgosdset wrote:

What amp/amps are you driving your subs with?

The subs are running 2 per ch on a Qsc RMX4050HD the 2206's are 2 per ch on a Qsc RMX2450 and the comps are run on a Qsc RMX1850.
They know what is what but they don't know what is what they just strut what the .
Big-G View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big-G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2010 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by rich_gale rich_gale wrote:

I have a nice image of one day putting together a similar style system.  with 2x pd2450 a side, up to 90hz, dual 2206 from 90-500hz then for 500hz+ a jbl 2360a each side with a bms coax compression driver

Wow that should move some air, should sound sweet too. Would you need a coax for the highs though? I would think a good 1" would work above the 2360's or maybe jbl 2402 bullet?

I have always wanted a pair of 2360's they look like they could cut you in half at 100m Smile
pk1964 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pk1964 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2010 at 9:30pm
i got the plan of b&c webite on drawing speaker board is flush at the front, did you move it back for speaker grille or add to box dimensions

cheers
pk
Ryan94 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2010 at 9:34pm
I added to the box dimensions on mine, you dont want to be moving the baffle back as it will reduce the volume.
Big-G View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big-G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2010 at 10:01pm
What Ryan said.

Mine are 780mm deep.
bmw28 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmw28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2010 at 2:44pm

Originally posted by bmw28 bmw28 wrote:

Big- G did you use a wadding the boxes or extra bracing or this you stick the orginal plans, also what crossovers points did you use...

looking good..

The bins are crossed at 32Hz high pass and 125Hz low pass, i put some extra bracing inside the cabs because to me they looked like they needed it, the top and bottom (or sides depending on how you stack them) are a large panel to just leave with no bracing, there is wadding in there too. HTH, Paul.

Thanks for the replay G, one more thing did you glue the wadding on all the panels inside..  i.e top, botton, sides etc.
Big-G View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big-G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2010 at 4:09pm
I put wadding on all panels apart from the side where the port is and secured it with staples.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>