Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Amateur Rigs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 41>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SYG Media Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Amateur Rigs
    Posted: 25 November 2010 at 7:43pm
For those people like me that haven't got rigs that cost thousands of pounds, just a nice rig that hard earned time and money has gone into (not saying the big rigs ain't had much loved hours and effort put into them either!!!!!!!). Will put pics of mine up when its finished - currently

4 - 2x18" long throw subs
4 - EAW KF850 copies
C audio SR amps
24ch Soundcraft with 150ft Multicore
Selection of smoke, hase, lasers, strobes, static lighting (cannot afford moving heads/scanners yet)

Discuss lesser pro rigs and share with one another below?

Edited by SYG Media - 30 May 2011 at 5:11pm
Video Production, Sound & Lighting Hire
mk2_ginger_biscuit69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2010 at 6:21pm
sounds pretty nice, most people dont need rigs that will blow the cosy off a grannys teapot!!

What mic's do you use, any stage monitoring yet?
''Remember that the object of a subwoofer is to enhance the output of your main speakers, not overpower it''

''Dubstep - an elongated electronic fart''
SYG Media View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SYG Media Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2010 at 6:33pm
haha, true, although was testing it the other day and an old lady up the road complained as here china was shaking in its cabinet! YES! 

Mics i use, mainly akg and shure stuff really. C451's, 58s, 57s, Some Sennheiser drum mics etc

Monitors, well...... got a pair of 12" & Horn and a pair of 15" & horn that are kinda a work in progress. Finished the 12's now but still need to get re-come kits for the blown 15" beyma drivers in the others.

what you running?
mk2_ginger_biscuit69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2010 at 6:52pm
i dont own my own kit, work at venues etc on house/hired kit, largely Opus FOH/Monitoring, QSC/MC2 amps, mics of choice mix of shure SM/Beta 57/58 mics, audix D-range drum mics and beta91 also in kick for the click of the kick drum.

Edited by mk2_ginger_biscuit69 - 28 November 2010 at 5:29am
''Remember that the object of a subwoofer is to enhance the output of your main speakers, not overpower it''

''Dubstep - an elongated electronic fart''
Spesh View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spesh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2010 at 7:13pm
A lot of the DIY bass cabs are pretty much on a par with many "branded" cabs anyway. Tom Danley could quite easily have released the Labhorn as a branded product, as opposed to a free design. The drivers are even custom specified afterall.

The same could be said for all sorts of short BPH's. Are they really that vastly different from cabs like F218's?........not really.

It seems to really come down to the fact of being rider friendly or not.

I don't think the same could be said of mid/tops however.
Symmetry Soundsystem
SYG Media View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SYG Media Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2010 at 5:57pm
Yea, depends on who builds them, haha. Love the Labhorns !

Anyone got any photos of their rig/rigs? Was hoping to browse other fellow small rigs.

a1dl View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a1dl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2010 at 2:05am
Originally posted by mk2_ginger_biscuit69 mk2_ginger_biscuit69 wrote:

beta92 also in kick for the click of the kick drum.

92 or 91 ? Wink
http://www.eventpahire.co.uk
THECANDLEMAN View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THECANDLEMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2010 at 11:08am
me like most new builders have what i'd call an "amatuer rig"

dont get paid work but a lot of what I'v been doing my costs are covered by somone.
do live music of young bands, mainly local but starting to grow !!!

run

2x15" + 2" (jbl 2226 + paudio)
double 15 (kappa pro)

run off 2u500 matrix and 3x EV p2000

mic wise we are simple with sm57/58s and audix drum mics

all our own made cable etc

hoping to up grade speaker cabling andprob build another pair of 2x15s for some bigger events in the summer !!!

simple as a starting point for us

Edited by THECANDLEMAN - 28 November 2010 at 11:14am
SYG Media View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SYG Media Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2010 at 11:24am
sounds fine to me, whats the kappa pro drivers like for the bins? I've only had one experience of using them in some of my own built cabs and they were alright but i've upgraded to PD now and you can tell the difference (but does burn a hole in the wallet!!!)

Some nice amps mind, £££££
THECANDLEMAN View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THECANDLEMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2010 at 11:32am
kappas are great, like you said for the money ! if id have had to pay full price prob would have put a bit more in to get the pd's. but they are great !!!

amps havent cost me crazy money, done a lot of hunting and cash offers. got 2 p2000s at good cash prices and 1 for really cheap but with a blown channel. 2u500 was an ebay buy but perfect as it has built in crossover as well !!! also run a q66 on monitors

all runs off ultradrive with dbx eq's and comps
check out my posts for pics etc

Edited by THECANDLEMAN - 28 November 2010 at 11:38am
Ryan94 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2010 at 1:41pm
Guess mine is an amatur rig. Although im very happy with it, sure packs a punch for the size.

2 x B&C Sub18s (PD186 loaded)
Soon to be a pair of LD system LDEB112s

2 x UKP1000s
UKP1600
Berry Ultracurve DEQ2496
CX3400 (soon to be replaced will an ultradrive)

Im slowly getting there, Takes ages to save enough money when you dont have a proper job and your still at school. should have it all finished by xmas though.
OriginalBreakzJunkie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OriginalBreakzJunkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2010 at 7:03pm
System as it stands as of now...

2 500w eminince loaded c subs ( run flat at 150hz around 95 db per cab )
2 250w amazing eminince & turbosound loaded mid tops ( run full range in need of new amp )
1 x peavey PV 2600 power amp ( run with internal 150hz low cut x-over )

sounds spot on.. Big smile planning for another 2 c subs got the drivers and ampage just need to get building!

see it in action...
http://s1128.photobucket.com/albums/m492/AlienationJoe/?action=view&current=V211110_13400001.mp4
( sorry bowt poor video quality )

Edited by OriginalBreakzJunkie - 02 December 2010 at 7:07pm
Keep the positive vibe alive!    

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 41>