Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

are C Audio all that great?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Djdarch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2010 at 4:29pm
Is C Audio the same company as Cambridge Audio, the hifi amp manufacturer , i seem to think it is although i'm probably mistaken......
TRE4U2NV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRE4U2NV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2010 at 1:15am
sr xr ra all good amps they wernt good genorator amps due to soft start but on regular power amazing rock solid bit of a lift but all good amps are / were 
easy and cheap fix if they ever went down
 all range could be changed to 230/240 volts down from 250v if i remember rightly 
IM SO SECRETIVE BUT I CANT TELL YOU WHY
mattd View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2010 at 11:46am
I have quite a few c-audio SR seies. They are great amps much better than anything else you can buy for the money now- id much prefer to buy a c-audio 707 than cheapo a t-amp or whatever. i have one 404 that i bought 6 years ago looking like it came straight off a battlefield (it had been passed about quite a few free party rigs) it has been used and abused endlessly since and still going strong with no service.
cant speak for the RA or the pulse as ive not used them but heard good things about the pulse range !
snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2023 at 5:03pm
my friend has a c audio sr-202. one channel working, the other channel the soft start relay doesn't switch on power up. might just be relay or might be further issues. worth resurrecting or sell for parts?
APC321 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APC321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2023 at 5:51pm
I might be wrong, but I thought that on C-Audio amps the soft-start relay was common to both channels.

Edited by APC321 - 20 May 2023 at 5:51pm
snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2023 at 7:26pm
Originally posted by APC321 APC321 wrote:

I might be wrong, but I thought that on C-Audio amps the soft-start relay was common to both channels.

looks like identical relay on each side. one switches on, the other doesn't.
simonp1100 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote simonp1100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2023 at 7:34pm
On most of the C-Audio series of amplifiers the protection & soft start relays are wired in series & are controlled by one circuit for thermal overload & DC offset on each channel, once activated BOTH channels will cut out until fault / thermal issue has been resolved.

The very early models of the SR series did have protection relays on each channel driver board, but this was later changed and they were then fitted on the soft-start PCB board & controlled by one of the protection circuits on one of the driver boards only.

Wink

Edited by simonp1100 - 20 May 2023 at 7:37pm
knet94 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knet94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2023 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by csg csg wrote:

Originally posted by tweeter box tweeter box wrote:

i use a 2650 on kicks, wicked IMO

but that could be a C-mark amp would it not? very very different to C Audio which was a quality british make

C-Audio did a Pulse 2 650. Pretty sure Tweeter wouldn't confuse a C-Mark for a C-Audio.
luton_soundman View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luton_soundman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2023 at 1:52pm
Think he has as he was using the cmark 2650 on kicks
Sound Hire/Sales new/used equipment.
knet94 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knet94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2023 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by luton_soundman luton_soundman wrote:

Think he has as he was using the cmark 2650 on kicks

Shocked.
RoadRunnersDust View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoadRunnersDust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2023 at 2:07am
Originally posted by studio45 studio45 wrote:

CMark are Chinese ripoffs of something or other and look a bit like the power amps Mackie used to make. I do see a lot of them for sale secondhand which I suppose means they are reliable (survive long enough to be sold on fully functional) but perhaps don't sound so great (because everyone seems to upgrade in the end!)

I was lead to believe Mackie rebranded the C-Mark amps (as have a number of other companies over the years). They really lend themselves to it due to their enclosed modular design which makes dealing with parts and warranty repair an absolute breeze.

Definitely not of C-Audio calibre though
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12