Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > HD 15 horn
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HD215 PLAN CAD DRAWING + BUILD PICS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 17>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2007 at 12:00am

that reminds me i need some grill or foam for them

Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.
Heathrow_B_line View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2008 at 6:40am
Florian

Im sorry i didnt post this last night but i was abit tired from all that cutting!  I have checked my plans and the baffle is fine and indeed useable.  if it is still 480mm long it can be still cut to size.  i have posted my very own baffle drawing for the dimensions so you should feel honoured!  Wink I have drawn all the parts for the hd215 up like this and when i get a chance i will convert them all to one pdf and send them to you.

img108/4332/22721961yk9.jpg

All the dimensions you need are on there so you should have no trouble at all now! 

You will also see i have changed to bolt holes of the pd154 to have three aside like i was saying and use 4 speaker clamps near the top and bottom.  i think this would be the best way to go, as you can drill the extra hole where that little indent marking is on the PD chasis.  I have shown the pointed corners at the top and bottom of the baffle but i am sure you can change it so the corner is rotated and there is a flat side.

i will return the driver asap to you, thanks for the loan!

ps. paint the turbo blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  you know you want to!

Edited by Heathrow_B_line - 09 January 2008 at 6:48am
GIVEorTAKE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GIVEorTAKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2008 at 9:21am
Thank you very much! yesterday was great, I learnt so much...I was so tired as well, too many cuts, and I need to get an extractor: my throat and nose are recovering slowly...

I am glad that the baffle dimensions are correct, I will go for the 6 bolts and clamps.
Need to buy some proper glue now...

Thank you again for all the precious advices.

Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2008 at 9:36am
didnt i say yesterday that you would have a sore throat today??!!  its all the fine powder in the air that doesnt...another reason why outside is the best for building!  great day for building today...i mite go do some more finishing myself!

i will bring my racks next time to test the x1s!!! that will be fun!

Edited by Heathrow_B_line - 09 January 2008 at 9:37am
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2008 at 3:36pm
Florian i was thinking and im not totally convinced about the festool... it was ok dont get me wrong but you saw with your own eyes how fast i cut those 70 pieces for the flare with the table saw...  if i had the space id have a nice table saw every time.  But you really need those clamps!!!  I will return your driver to you as it turns out i dont need it.  I intended to drill holes in the battern at a angle to be able to tighten the top two bolts fixing the driver in place but as luck would have it the t-nuts in the access panel get in the way and i want to keep the access panel looking clean so i will just use two clamps for the top

here are some more pics... access panels fitted.

img175/2238/pict0015cp1.jpg

img120/3696/pict0016tx1.jpg

img175/8783/pict0017xl1.jpg
as can be seen i have gone for stainless steel m6 bolts and thick washers... just my preference really
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2008 at 4:03pm
the access panel nearest to the speaker baffle only has 2 bolts as other wise the driver doesnt fit!  Yes its THAT tight to get it in there!
josh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2008 at 2:25pm
What dimentions did you use for the acess panel?
thanks
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2008 at 3:33pm
img204/6439/76639287to6.jpg
Hope this helps
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2008 at 3:34pm
make the battern cloest to the speaker baffle as small as possible
josh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2008 at 3:53pm
thanks a lot
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2008 at 7:52pm

as promissed...

img379/7427/81931626lx4.jpg
josh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2008 at 2:40pm
wow its a right fiddle loading the drivers into these isnt it, it took me a while getting some of the bolts in, espesially when i couldnt even make quater of a turn on the bolt at a time due to space, i see why u used clamps now
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 17>