Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > HD 15 horn
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HD215 PLAN CAD DRAWING + BUILD PICS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 17>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lasse Lukkari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2006 at 5:35pm
It's easy to glue them like this:

Edited by Vivo - 18 November 2006 at 5:35pm
Heathrow_B_line View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2006 at 8:08pm

thanks vivo.  i experimented using different methods and i found them all to be labour intense and the results were far from perfect.  then i read one of your earlier posts and used the above method which seemed to be the best way to do it by far!

heres how i did it.

Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2006 at 8:16pm
dimensions i used....

the jig [with centre piece to make sure the exact height remained constant with all curves built]

my jig was similar to vivo's but i used 45degree end bits

the curve shown below is already dry and finished but when i was doin it for real i used thick masking tape to hold the sections together then flipped them over and applied glue to the gaps between each panel.  then using 2 bits of wood to support the panels i placed it onto the jig and clamped it either end and [not shown in the pics] down the centre.

norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2006 at 8:25am

Looks familiar.....     :)

My laser stuff: Frikkin Lasers
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2006 at 5:39pm
wheres the other one then?
norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2006 at 12:56pm
Gaaaah, some people.......

[rolleyes smilie that should be in the list selection]
My laser stuff: Frikkin Lasers
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2006 at 6:02am
ok norty i shall see your hds, mt's and isobaric bass cabs and raise u lab subs...

Mark James View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2006 at 7:58am
hmmmmmmmmmmm murder was definatly the bass!
me so horny me love you long throw
horn loaded for her pleasure
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2006 at 2:26pm
i reached a critical point today... i could have completely finished 3 hd215s all glued up and everything or get some more wood cut for 5 more hd215s...

i choose the silly option of getting more wood.  i suppose it will be good in the long run as i will have 4 a side but man it would also have been nice to have some finished cabs i could hear!

but it got me thinking....  i dont know if 4 a side will be enough not to have a dedicated sub but i guess we shall see.  at the moment im 95% sure that i will be loading them with the pd 156 driver.

in terms of ampage goes im in abit of a pickle.  i would very much like smp lightweight amps, but i think i have the following options that i can afford:

1)  4 x Yamaha P7000s [new] amps for the 8 hd215's

2)  2 x  QSC PLX3602s [new] for the 8 hd215's

3)  2 x Camco vortex 6 [second hand] for the 8 hd215's

4)  2 x Lab Gruppen fP 6400s [second hand] for the 8 hd215's

I wouldnt be putting off spending more money on amps if it ment reducing the number of them i need.  ie gettting bigger amps to power a stack of the cabs.  but if i do this that i will have to run in 2 ohm stereo which im told not many amps can take.  im sure the lab gruppen can do it as it states it on their website, the rest im unsure of

also if i had to i may even consider something like the t.amp proline 3000 or qsc rmx 5050

Edited by Heathrow_B_line - 01 December 2006 at 2:37pm
ceharden View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceharden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2006 at 2:33pm
Hope you've budgetted for the circa £2000 you're going to need to spend on drivers for that little pile!  Amps?  Keep us posted tho, gonna be an impressive stack.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2006 at 2:41pm
yea should be a good stack.... taken me enough time to plan it so it better be!  one thing i regret is not making the hd15s as trap boxs as i think a 4 x 4 trap stack would have looked quite nice.  also i will see how i go with a stack 4 cabs high, as after putting the mt122 tops in i think it mite be a touch to tall.... still i can always flog 2 hd215's...saving me having to buy 4 drivers!
ceharden View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceharden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2006 at 3:58pm
Three boxes per side is a nice number from the point of view of amp requirements and stacking height.  Choice is either wire them so the drivers are on seperate channels on the speakon (best way) or if you wire them both to pin 1, you can stick a beefy amp in parallel mono mode, join the channels together if necessary and off you go.  Either way you just join all the cabs together and you get 3 drivers per amp channel.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 17>