Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Computer Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

19" rack mounted pc

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 19" rack mounted pc
    Posted: 16 January 2011 at 8:16pm
Where would I get one any one know? need's to be hi-spec and reliable (just used for music)
Never criticise another man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. Once you have, call him what you like, you're a mile away and you've got his shoes!
shagnasty View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2011 at 9:48pm
I have a few 2U ones Kicking about and some 3U chassis what spec are you after?
jonminns View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonminns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2011 at 12:25am
To avoid being ripped off buy the bits and build it yourself, not difficult, a few hours work at the most from boxes > boot for a beginner

4 ohms is for wimps
tweeter box View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tweeter box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2011 at 1:11am
ive got a part built one, itll b in the for sale section, tomorrow
JohnnyPyro View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyPyro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2011 at 9:00pm
Shag, whats spec machine have you got and price please buddy
Pyrotechnics... its not rocket science, well.... actually it is !! :o)
Powered by MC2 & XTA
colint View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2011 at 9:15pm
Originally posted by shagnasty shagnasty wrote:

I have a few 2U ones Kicking about and some 3U chassis what spec are you after?

Sorry for the late reply! not to sure what I'm looking for the be honest? I'm just toying with putting everything into a 20U rack so I can just wheel it in and get on with it!
I'm using a laptop at the moment but is now 5-6 years old and battered!

what sort of money would something like this cost? (just the pc) and what sort of spec would I need taking into account I'd need some sort of music software to run into my desk?
Never criticise another man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. Once you have, call him what you like, you're a mile away and you've got his shoes!
colint View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2011 at 9:34pm
Also what would be the best Dj software to load it with?
shagnasty View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2011 at 11:29pm
Originally posted by JohnnyPyro JohnnyPyro wrote:

Shag, whats spec machine have you got and price please buddy

Got some 3U chassis in at the min, should have been collected a week ago but will check the yard, if they are still there £30 Each I gues, I have a 2U box with a PCI riser but need to boot it to check specs…

I'll post some stuff once I check it out...

Fairly sure they both use standard PSU and may have XP PRo COA on them!!Smile

shagnasty View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2011 at 11:31pm
Originally posted by colint colint wrote:

Also what would be the best Dj software to load it with?
Depends what style you DJ, PCDJ is good for kinda more corperate Dj'ing but obviously a scratch control product is more the baby for club stuff.

I don't DJ but Traktor, Serrato seem to have good market hold...

dunc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dunc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2011 at 7:15pm
Let us know about them cases fella. Might lift one off ya.
TRE4U2NV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRE4U2NV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2011 at 7:53pm
+1

IM SO SECRETIVE BUT I CANT TELL YOU WHY
shagnasty View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2011 at 11:38pm
Ok Sorry to everyone, public and PM'd, will get on this tomorrow and post details, I have been caught up ith some AV stuff (money earned) and let my SP mates down (less cash but more fun)

Will address this wholey un-acceptable balance (if the mods haven't stopped my login and killed my cat!) ASAP

Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>