Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Roots n Culture Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

channal one

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: channal one
    Posted: 22 April 2006 at 10:14am

any body go to shewsbury lasy night,

good sound only took 6 scoops sounded very good look like fane drive units any idears

TRENDSETTER SOUND SYSTEM
Tom Umney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Umney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2006 at 2:03pm

Nope ain't been shewsbury yet. But by the looks of the dubclub videos I seen of Aba Shanti,Jah Tubbys and Jah Voice, it looks wicked at buttermarket club!!!! Shame its a bit far too for me, but will check it out sometime in the future.

Edited by ToXiC - 22 April 2006 at 2:03pm
mskeete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mskeete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2006 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by paulus paulus wrote:

any body go to shewsbury lasy night,

good sound only took 6 scoops sounded very good look like fane drive units any idears

I was there as yes they use fane drivers. One midrange box wasn't working and a tweeter in one of the boxes also wasn't working. All being well then next time you hear channel one they should be sounding even better.

Finally got home around 11:00 after a long drive in the back of the van
mskeete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mskeete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2006 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by ToXiC ToXiC wrote:

Nope ain't been shewsbury yet. But by the looks of the dubclub videos I seen of Aba Shanti,Jah Tubbys and Jah Voice, it looks wicked at buttermarket club!!!! Shame its a bit far too for me, but will check it out sometime in the future.

Toxic, you got a link to those videos?

Tom Umney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Umney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2006 at 12:14am

http://www.dubclub.tv/

Click on  audio video screen with headphones icon and the window comes up and right click save target as for each vid.

peace

Edited by ToXiC - 23 April 2006 at 12:19am
paulus View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2006 at 1:24pm
yup noticed that one mid wasnt on ,those fane sure do bang it out nealy bought those but went with the pd186,what sort of power does he use on bass saw 2 custom amps with red vu meter!!!
TRENDSETTER SOUND SYSTEM
mskeete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mskeete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2006 at 11:17am
Originally posted by paulus paulus wrote:

yup noticed that one mid wasnt on ,those fane sure do bang it out nealy bought those but went with the pd186,what sort of power does he use on bass saw 2 custom amps with red vu meter!!!
they would be the barracuda bass (only) amps
not sure of the exact power. somewhere between 2.5 - 3.6 Kw each
paulus View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2006 at 12:36pm
sounded very clean,not much cone movement but lots of bass good box design and wonder if runs a hi pass around 30/40 as  those fanes are rated at 600 and them amps were turned way up,never seen chan one before thouight they would play more roots but good,ill stick to jah observer as i like the old music,should be at the next brixton one, where are u then mskeete and ok on van i was also in the back of a old van lol
TRENDSETTER SOUND SYSTEM
mskeete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mskeete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2006 at 1:11pm

no dedicated high pass filter but the way Mikey plays the preamp produces a similar end result

I'm in east london if that's what your asking

The van ride was fun. Four of us in the back having a good laugh on down and five on the way back. Brought a copy of sound on sound and some computer magazine but I never got around to reading them

Dubaholic View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dubaholic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2006 at 7:30am
in smaller venues channel one sound very nice heard them up bedford a lot, was a few years back and they sound crisp with nuff pressure, also at notting hill they sound good but when i have heard them at brixton rec they seem to be lacking mids and tops which really lets them down. they are coming to southend in a couple weeks will be good to hear them then, its a very very small venue shanti only took 2 bins the other week and he sounded great. so will see what channel one use and what there sound is like? will let you know.
mskeete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mskeete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2006 at 7:04am

If it's the southend event that I'm thinking of, then they won't be using their set that night. The next time they play brixton rec will be interesting...

mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2006 at 9:29am

if its the one im thinking of where they play quite a bit inc iration!

is in a bar (all red and black) upstairs on a old ass rig

they just take the music and play on there set

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>