Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Plan Requests
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Martin Audio F2B

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noize-Guerilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Martin Audio F2B
    Posted: 31 January 2011 at 9:49pm
Here is my first attempt of drawing the F2B as I got 6 of them at the weekend.

Just opened one up and draw it down.

Plans with the exact measures are to come soon as my first attempt is not very precice and I normaly draw plans from paper to sketchup.... not from the real world to paper to sketchup...

Edited by Noize-Guerilla - 31 January 2011 at 9:52pm
I'm not poor, but money doesn't make me rich.
Heathrow_B_line View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2011 at 9:56pm
the 215 mk 3 is a great deal easier to build
Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.
ceharden View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceharden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2011 at 11:39pm
Throat section doesn't look quite right to me but it's been a while since I had my head in one.
Noize-Guerilla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noize-Guerilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2011 at 6:50am
Jeah... I'm 1,95m tall .... and my shoulders are very broad.... it's very tight in those....

But as said above ... A better plan will come.. also with the measures.

Does anyone know which speakers will work.... and I mean work not fit... as the rear chamber can be modified to fit a diffrent speaker.

How do you measure boxes !? Especially without cutting it open.... maybe you can give me some tips & tricks how to...

Edited by Noize-Guerilla - 01 February 2011 at 7:16am
Peter Jan View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Jan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2011 at 10:46pm
Originally posted by Noize-Guerilla Noize-Guerilla wrote:

Does anyone know which speakers will work.... and I mean work not fit... as the rear chamber can be modified to fit a diffrent speaker.

Martin L1540 (Edit : or ATC PA100-375 BLC)
RCF L15-554K
RCF L15N401
Beyma 15P80Nd
Beyma 15GT200
PD154
PD153.ER
P Audio C15-500LF
18Sound 15LW1400
PHL 6030
BMS 15N830
B&C 15NA100
B&C 15NW100
B&C 15PL100
JBL 2227

Edited by Peter Jan - 02 February 2011 at 10:39am
james folkes View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote james folkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2011 at 11:24pm
the rcf l15p200ak both fits and sounds nails. the spec driver is an atc, i forget the model number, they're pretty rare though. the rear chamber is particularly shallow so there's not a great deal you can do other than use a shallow basket driver without, as you say, modifying. i don't think that's a sensible option really, although i guess you could win some space by converting to flip handles on the access panels, one of mine has dented handles where someone tried to make a pd1550 fit.

peter jan's list would probably be pretty awesome candidates for 215 mkIIs though with their lack of rear chamber constraint; the b&c 15pl100 is allegedly the weapon of choice, but horrifyingly expensive.

james.
mardy hippy.
djeddie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djeddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2011 at 11:34pm
Mine were built by Robbo (or his carpenter anyway!) and they've got a deeper rear chamber so the PD's fit in. Currently I've got the EV 150X in them. Best all round cab I've ever heard!
Chas n Dave : it's like Drum and Bass but with beards.             E=mc² ±3dB
Robbo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2011 at 2:41pm
Yes---Eddie bought a pair of our "stretched" F2B cabinets which were built to take PD1550 and EV 150X drivers so that the hatches cleared the magnets on the deeper drivers.
One thing that everyone has to be aware of with the original Martin Audio design is that the baffle has a circular rebate in front of the slot loading in order to clear the driver suspension movement and this is only about 2-3 mm deep in the original design, so only drivers with a reasonable or low Xmax will work in them-----You may be able to physically fit a lot of drivers inside but just because they fit does not mean that the cone and suspension will not hit the baffle if the driver has a large Xmax, so there is a lot of facts about these Martin Audio designs that everyone will not know about.
burningbush View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burningbush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2011 at 2:57pm
Yep, my MkII's needed a thin laminate spacer to be fitted inside this rebate so the PD154 could sit level without fouling.  Fair bit of router dust trying to shave down the lam thickness was funny for size of wood.
music is the message
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2011 at 3:14pm
The F2b is the one vintage Martin cabinet i havnt heard....is there much difference in sound between this and 215mk111? i know a lot will depend on the driver inside. James/Robbo?
Be seeing you.
Robbo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2011 at 4:17pm
Ian---When you look at them, they seem to be quite a small cabinet, but when you stack them three high laid on their sides in a large venue with a couple of F1 mid/hi packs on top it still looks like a small size stack on a large stage.
 But when you turn them on, and drive them with a modern day big amp, everyone is astounded by what comes out of them and also how low they go with three coupled together. I would honestly say that they would comfortably outperform a lot of twin driver bass/sub cabinets that members on here are always talking about----But having said all that--they are still not as good as Martin Audio "S" bins.      ,
Noize-Guerilla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noize-Guerilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2011 at 10:50pm
Hi guys

You said the rcf l15p200ak will fit and work in the cabinets.

Will the rcf l15p200ak hit the baffle when driven harder?

The drivers in my F2B look quite good except for some rust on the steel plate at the back of them.

So could I use a rcf l15p200ak when I (what I hope will never happen) blow a driver?

And how about the Pd 154/pd 1550 will those drivers hit the baffle?
And would I have to modify the trap-door to make a pd 154 / pd 1550 fit ?

Edited by Noize-Guerilla - 13 February 2011 at 3:07pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>