Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Poweraudio Romania - MAP of speaker plans

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
kevinmcdonough View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevinmcdonough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2015 at 6:52pm
Hey

Something that was discussed back when this first came out was adding some very basic specs on for each speaker. Obviously it is always a bit driver dependent, just seeing a very rough idea of usable frequency range for example, in addition to being able to compare the boxes size so effectively, would make the map super useful for quickly seeing what box design may meet your needs.

K
Mircea Bartic View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mircea Bartic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2015 at 6:36pm
we are preparing a new complete map of speaker plans from Poweraudio Romania
It will have a lot of new horn designs complete with cutlist. As always we will provide it for free.

Most of the plans are ready at this moment.
general manager & head designer at nexus-acoustics research
http://www.facebook.com/nexus.acoustics.research

Ex Nexus_3
Tigersonics View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tigersonics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2015 at 2:03pm
Here you go, these are the MKll version. Good luck with your project!

https://www.freespeakerplans.com/plans/14-plans/basscab/45-punisher-mk2
glenn_2773 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glenn_2773 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2015 at 2:13am
gud am!!can i ask you to activate PUNISHER design?
patryk1305 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patryk1305 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2015 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by DMorison DMorison wrote:

No worries, hope they went well Smile

Yeah, they did thanks :)

Quote Yeah, that's the thread I linked to too Wink

Have made it all the way to the end of it now; while there are a couple of fairly vague references to some extra loading from having the port exit within the front chamber, no-one seems to have provided either measured data or much of a theoretical rationale to back it up. (At least for the pics that have survived - due to age and imageshack changing their way of working, maybe some of the many blank/absent ones might have shed a bit more light at the time.)
There also seem to be at least as many assertions that it makes no difference, much like my hunch above.
Of the folk that actually seem to have built/used any, I'm not sure if Mircea is still active on the forum but Marjan M certainly is, you might try PM'ing him to see if he ever got to the bottom of it.

All the best,
David.

Sorry I completely forgot to look at the link you sent LOL 

Maybe one day my "student" budget will allow me to build something similar for testing purposes!

Thanks for all the help again Embarrassed
DMorison View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMorison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2015 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by patryk1305 patryk1305 wrote:

Sorry for taking long to reply but had exams at uni today :)

No worries, hope they went well Smile

Quote I actually have no "scientific" references regarding the port ending within then horn itself. I just came across the design, so thought if there are any advantages to that and wanted to sim it.

I've found a few previous threads with similar topics;

This one starts to get interesting from page 5: CLICK

Yeah, that's the thread I linked to too Wink

Have made it all the way to the end of it now; while there are a couple of fairly vague references to some extra loading from having the port exit within the front chamber, no-one seems to have provided either measured data or much of a theoretical rationale to back it up. (At least for the pics that have survived - due to age and imageshack changing their way of working, maybe some of the many blank/absent ones might have shed a bit more light at the time.)
There also seem to be at least as many assertions that it makes no difference, much like my hunch above.
Of the folk that actually seem to have built/used any, I'm not sure if Mircea is still active on the forum but Marjan M certainly is, you might try PM'ing him to see if he ever got to the bottom of it.

All the best,
David.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patryk1305 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2015 at 4:30pm
Sorry for taking long to reply but had exams at uni today :)

I actually have no "scientific" references regarding the port ending within then horn itself. I just came across the design, so thought if there are any advantages to that and wanted to sim it.

I've found a few previous threads with similar topics;

This one starts to get interesting from page 5: CLICK

I also found this which was not much help : CLICK

I hope that others can chip in and add something to what already has been said as I am really interested Embarrassed

DMorison View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMorison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2015 at 10:04pm

I thought that if you do it like that, then the port will not actually be in the "horn" itself?

OK, fair point, hadn't thought of that.
Obviously it still works for any design where the ports extend all the way to the front of the box (PWH-18SW1P etc)
Honestly don't know if it makes any difference at all having the port mouth end within the front cavity - as the port output should be restricted to frequencies largely below where the front cavity would have any useful loading (due to the relatively shallow depth of the front cavity) I'd assume none TBH.
Do you have any other sources on this loading type that say otherwise?
Cheers,
D.

Edit PS: Tools>Output>Combined...>Path Length Difference might be useful to account for the depth offset in any given design.

Edit 2: First 5 pages of This Thread include several references to versions having ports ending within the front chamber sounding worse due to the phase issues. I don't have time to read the rest of it, so I'd still like to hear if you have any other references regarding the effect of the ports ending within the box please?

Edited by DMorison - 20 January 2015 at 11:08pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patryk1305 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2015 at 8:57pm
I thought that if you do it like that, then the port will not actually be in the "horn" itself?
DMorison View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMorison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2015 at 8:35pm

Originally posted by Mircea Bartic Mircea Bartic wrote:

Planar Wave Horn Designs

Goliath
LSW218
LSW118
PWH lung-port interior
PWH-18SW1P
Planar-SD21EL
PWH scurt-port interior
F17-versiunea 1
F17-versiunea 2
FX20

Is it possible to simulate designs like these (mainly Goliath / LSW218) in HornResp or would you need akabak for that?

Sure, pretty easily.

Starting at the back of the box, Vrc & Lrc are exactly as the plan. If you double click on Fr it changes to Ap (your port cross sectional area) and then Lpt below it is the length of the port. Vtc and Atc are both zero.

For the part in front of the drivers, S1 is the whole area of the box (minus any port length projecting in front of the baffle), S2 is usually exactly the same as that and the segment length is the length from baffle to front of box. It won’t matter what profile you chose as there’s no expansion anyway.

If the port projects part way into the front section I’d use S2=S1 = the frontal area minus the port area, then do a really short segment with S3 = the full frontal area, with say 0.1cm length, then a third segment with S4=S3 and again, whatever type of expansion is convenient to account for the rest of the length.

HTH,

David.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patryk1305 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2015 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by Mircea Bartic Mircea Bartic wrote:

Planar Wave Horn Designs

Goliath
LSW218
LSW118
PWH lung-port interior
PWH-18SW1P
Planar-SD21EL
PWH scurt-port interior
F17-versiunea 1
F17-versiunea 2
FX20

Is it possible to simulate designs like these (mainly Goliath / LSW218) in HornResp or would you need akabak for that?
shadowsforce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadowsforce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2013 at 8:36am
ANCHORFREE_VERSION="633161526" AWESOME!  So Much Thanks For These Great Detailed Plans.

I'm A Newbie At This, And May Sound Stupid To Some Of The More Advanced Users Of This Forum.  But I Have A Question That Needs Answered.  I Just Acquired (4) JBL 2242H's And Want To Build Dual-18 Boxes Similar To The JBL STX828S, Which Houses These Same Drivers And Claims To Produce Ultra Low Frequencies.  I Can't Find X-Ray Plans For This Particular Box, And I'm Completely Lost When It Comes To Software Designing.  Which Dual-18 Box Should I Build To Clone The STX828S?  All Help Is GReatly Appreciated :) var _AF2$ = {'SN':'HSSHIELD00US','IP':'77.242.196.26','CH':'HSSCNL000232','CT':'XX','HST':'','AFH':'hss200','RN':Math.floor(Math.random()*999),'TOP':(parent.location!=document.location||top.location!=document.location)?0:1,'AFVER':'2.25','fbw':false,'FBWCNT':0,'FBWCNTNAME':'FBWCNT_MSIE','NOFBWNAME':'NO_FBW_MSIE','B':'i','VER': 'us'};if(_AF2$.TOP==1){document.write("");}
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>