Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Poweraudio Romania - MAP of speaker plans

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
staiper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote staiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2011 at 8:55pm
Thumbs Up Mircea

For fast removing and fixing back remowable panels I think that good idea may be system which is often used to secure removable panels/ motor bay covers at boats/yahts...(as I seen ..)

It is simple but hard for me to explain that in English.
- simple screw (ideally allen screw) which pases through its screw hole through removable panel
from bottom side there is simple cylindrical spring sleeved onto screw and at the end of screw there is
straight flat metal piece (with thread cutted in or with screw nut welded on) which "catch" under border of cabinet.. 
It works simple (one can release one screw with just few turns and same way tight it back

(dammmmn when I read this look like mess. ..I give up :) Will try to find on net something similar or sketch one later )

Edited by staiper - 05 February 2011 at 8:56pm
Just do it! ..or do not.. ;)
Mircea Bartic View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mircea Bartic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2011 at 9:04pm
can you find a picture?
general manager & head designer at nexus-acoustics research
http://www.facebook.com/nexus.acoustics.research

Ex Nexus_3
staiper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote staiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2011 at 9:35pm
Trying but can't think how to name/search it. All I tried did not give me right one *maybe because this one is not ready sold mechanism but rather one that is made of few regular parts on place of install
.. going to quick sketch what I mean ...Geek
I am Back in 10 minutes

Edited by staiper - 05 February 2011 at 9:35pm
The Builder View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Builder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2011 at 9:43pm
It just is.
staiper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote staiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2011 at 10:57pm
Here it is ,

I hope that it is easy understandable how this work.
Top thread locked nut us here to provide "sit" for spring and prevent moving of screw out from removable panel.
Bottom thread locked nut prevent piece "A" to screw-off all way down and fall of from screw.

Spring ensures enough friction to enable that piece "A"  will rotate together with screw when pressure against cabinet panels is released enough when un-screwing for removing panel and also that it will help piece "A" to rotate back into locking position together when screw is rotated to lock/tighten panel.

For locking once when  piece "A"  touches rotation limiting pin it will be enough few turns to full tighten.

A bit more preparation to make mechanisms but I think that later in use will be easier as you do not have to fully unscrew all screws and each time "fiddle" to find thread in T-nut. also no chance to loose screws.

Maybe there is better solutions around but this one springs on my mind as it is pretty easy to DIY

MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2011 at 11:07pm
Wouldnt that thing buzz with the bass running?
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
staiper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote staiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2011 at 11:31pm
Originally posted by MarjanM MarjanM wrote:

Wouldnt that thing buzz with the bass running?

no,
when it is tightened with few screw turns piece "A" is hard pressed against cabinet panel and whole screw is under tension with "head" pressing against removable panel.
Thread locked nuts are fixed (nut thread can be glued onto screw thread or locked with dedicated thread locking compound) so completely immovable.
Force which you can apply to tighten panel is as with regular T-nuts or similar only dependent of quality of threads on screw and in piece "A" - and strength of screw.

Only part that is not under screw tension is spring but I think that it's own springy-tension against nut and piece "A" will prevent it from making noice.

If someone is woried about spring , whole thing works even without spring but with spring i is a bit easier and more elegant Smile

Ofcourse there is no point to use this for regular removable panel mounting but for those "kangaroo" type systems may be interesting due to need for very frequent opening/closing panel.
Teunos View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teunos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2011 at 10:11am
Heej mircea,
Wouldn't it be even better to have this kind of thing available as sketchup files since a lot of people use it?
I can put in some more designs if you'd like to.
I have highly accurate sketchup models of plans you haven't covered yet.
some of them are:
  • Gsub
  • ES18 BPH
  • Startec HR118
  • USB 
  • TDA tapped horn
  • Staiper es-15BLH aka microscoop
  • Martin audio 215mkIII
  • Martin audio 115
  • Selenium HB1502
  • Martin audio WSX (mods please delete this if you think it's against copyright, it's just that everybody seems to have the plans to these)

Edited by Teunos - 06 February 2011 at 11:13am
Best regards,
Teun.
Mircea Bartic View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mircea Bartic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2011 at 4:39pm
super!

Unfortunately we use solid works 2010  here (we use this in house for CAD design as we also build High performance speaker systems for a living) but i'm sure we could convert those into solid files

you can send the files to me at office@poweraudio.ro and we'll convert and post them complete with cutlist .
general manager & head designer at nexus-acoustics research
http://www.facebook.com/nexus.acoustics.research

Ex Nexus_3
Teunos View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teunos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2011 at 7:17pm
Will e-mail it all to you tomorrow.
Any preferences on model build up? All panels are seperate components in the model, so you should be good I think.

Very good initiative! keep up the good work.
Best regards,
Teun.
biotec View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote biotec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2011 at 9:29am
Originally posted by staiper staiper wrote:

Trying but can't think how to name/search it. All I tried did not give me right one *maybe because this one is not ready sold mechanism but rather one that is made of few regular parts on place of install

It is basically what we call a quarter turn lock or camlock but with a spring I think.

Edited by biotec - 07 February 2011 at 9:31am
me so horny, me love you long throw.
Teunos View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teunos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2011 at 3:09pm
can we sticky this thread?
Best regards,
Teun.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>