Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Golden oldies
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

never seen one of these before

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2x18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: never seen one of these before
    Posted: 01 March 2011 at 9:44pm
just a old dj
Mhamplification View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mhamplification Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2011 at 9:02am
Yes
Ive got another one but very worn panel
Ive got a bid in on this one too
burningbush View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burningbush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2011 at 5:05pm
Nice looking white panel.  2xPhono, 2xMic and 1xTape.
music is the message
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2011 at 5:07pm
What age is this one Martin? im guessing the silver panel pre-dates the usual Hawaii/Kansas black-faced models,so around 1976-77?
Be seeing you.
Mhamplification View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mhamplification Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2011 at 7:30pm
Ian the other one I have is dated 1976 inside   I have a load of pics of it and will post them when I get 5 mins
I was outbid on this one at 9 seconds to go  I hate it when that happens But I got all the CS range that was on ebay last week
I think you will find it is cream colour not silver

oldskool View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldskool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2011 at 7:52pm
Ah what memories.

I had one of these new in 1978 along with a pair of JPS amp modules that we put into a new console, I think the box itself was made by BK products in Southend? Maybe somebody else can remember I think the boss was Frank Plews or something like that, they seemed to build all sorts of cabinets that were disco based. Anyway this mixer carried on in various consoles, eventually ending up in a big console with a pair of direct drives and matching cassette machines (custom made by BK Products as it happens) It always sounded good considering it was full of 741 op amps and only ever suffered from a dry joint in the PFL stage. We sold the big console in 1989 after I retired in 1988 and it was still going strong. Sorry for the ramble chaps, I guess thats what happens when we reach a certain age.
GregM View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GregM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2011 at 8:13pm
Originally posted by Mhamplification Mhamplification wrote:

Ian the other one I have is dated 1976 inside   I have a load of pics of it and will post them when I get 5 mins
I was outbid on this one at 9 seconds to go  I hate it when that happens But I got all the CS range that was on ebay last week
I think you will find it is cream colour not silver

Ah, Martin, pleased you got the CS kit - and pleased to see you're using some 'new-found' cash wisely Wink, will be in touch soon to do similarly.....

Greg
Remember, if you don't want to hear the answer, don't ask the question!
Muckerbarnes1 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muckerbarnes1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2011 at 7:06am
I had one of these. Bought new in 1977. The front panel is light grey, almost cream white.

It never missed a beat!! It was replaced with a 607 which is still here... somewhere.

JPS amps.  Hmm I used to fix loads of those. Very good in their day.
Billy Dawg.
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2011 at 11:23am
Be seeing you.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burningbush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2011 at 4:59pm
Those JPS amps look fantastic with their led ladders, never seen one.  Don't suppose we will be likely to see any again.
music is the message
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2011 at 5:13pm
Yup,im 10 years of looking i dont think i have ever seen one on Ebay Gavin.
Be seeing you.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burningbush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2011 at 5:37pm
LOL nah, I think you would have more chance going around really old venues and raking around their store rooms on the off chance there is one left forgotten.  Or a member coming forward saying "oh, I bought all the old stock when they shut down, still got them in a shed" - och well, one day LOL
music is the message
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>