Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

THE T.AMP PROLINE 3000

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2014 at 2:21pm
Read twice, post once.....

I may have extrapolated the words from another saying...

If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
rhythmsandy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rhythmsandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2016 at 11:30am
Originally posted by Tekasis Tekasis wrote:

Originally posted by l-sound l-sound wrote:

I have a proline 3000 running my 2x18 subs @4ohms.... it's not the volume that they produce which is awesome, it's the intensity of the subsonic waves that hit you. the only other kit that does this type of thing that ive heard (only Better) are the L.A Acoustic 2x18 subs (The manufacturer designed the subs I had around the L.A Acoustic kit. but i never said that). the way the 3000 bass restores after a big push, i.e bass drum kick. is just mind blowing.
It just doesn't get out of breath no matter how hard you push them.

Clap Got to be one of the best explanation of the performance of the T.AMP PROLINE 3000 Clap
Serious amplifier.

Have you used Dynacord L2400?
Have you compared this with the Dynacord L2400?Is is on par with it or better or wayy better?
Cheif_Stringer_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cheif_Stringer_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2016 at 3:53am
Im probably going to end up with a couple of these amps to drive some subs as looking into peoples real life experiences they seem to be the best im gonna get for now,

Just got a question,

How well do you guys think one of these subs would drive 2 of these drivers:

http://www.eighteensound.it/PRODUCTS456/Products123/CatID/8/ProdID=63#.V6KtODX4KnN

1 driver per channel @ 4 ohms, 30hz - 90hz

Edited by Cheif_Stringer_ - 04 August 2016 at 3:54am
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2016 at 4:37am
You won't get the full output of the drivers but it will make a fair bit of noise. Just keep it out of clipping.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cheif_Stringer_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2016 at 4:44am
Originally posted by toastyghost toastyghost wrote:

You won't get the full output of the drivers but it will make a fair bit of noise. Just keep it out of clipping.

Nice one toasty, yeah two of these prolines will be the most i can spend, as long as it wouldnt be really underpowered

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cheif_Stringer_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2016 at 7:08am
So how would the Proline 3000 running in a 4 ohm bridge compare with it running two 4 ohm drivers in either stereo or paralell?

Am i right in saying youll get more power from the bridge mode but at the cost of what? sound quality or amp lifespan maybe?

Just because im pretty sold on using these amps but im debating if im gonna get 4 ohm sub drivers or 8 ohm ones, want to know what experiences people would suggest and what option would be better for the long run in terms of possibely upgrading amps etc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rhythmsandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2016 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by Cheif_Stringer_ Cheif_Stringer_ wrote:

Im probably going to end up with a couple of these amps to drive some subs as looking into peoples real life experiences they seem to be the best im gonna get for now,

Just got a question,

How well do you guys think one of these subs would drive 2 of these drivers:

http://www.eighteen.it/PRODUCTS456/Products123/CatID/8/ProdID=63#.V6KtODX4KnN - http://www.eighteensound.it/PRODUCTS456/Products123/CatID/8/ProdID=63#.V6KtODX4KnN

1 driver per channel @ 4 ohms, 30hz - 90hz

Use 21LW1400 the Neo motors are always overdamped dynamically so the bass you get out of Neo will never be as rounded as a ferrite version. 

21LW1400 has higher sensitivity at lower frequency than the one you have specified.

Its better to run two subwoofers in parallel and this amp cannot take 2ohm load as it clips current wise.

If you want that dynamic performance it has to be 8ohm or 4ohm load at max. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cheif_Stringer_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2016 at 5:52pm
Okay thanks :)

EDIT: just realised i wrote 2 4 ohm drivers insted of two 8 ohm when talking about running them in bridge

Edited by Cheif_Stringer_ - 08 August 2016 at 2:06am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cheif_Stringer_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2016 at 7:21am
One thing i forgot to ask is do these come with a uk plug? Its worth meantioning the pinnacle of my knowledge involving electricity is the understanding that its used to power electrical components, thats about it lol
ceharden View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceharden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2016 at 2:44pm
I'm sure even if you can't, you can find someone capable of rewiring a plug if necessary....
l-sound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote l-sound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2016 at 4:05pm
That's what my subs were loaded with. 18 sound drivers... The delivery partnered with the proline 3000 was stunning.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rhythmsandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2016 at 7:45am
I have two questions

1. Are there any class D amplifiers like labgruppen or crown capable of the sub sonic wave hitting as good?
I mean to say that i never got impressed with any of these class D amplifiers when it comes to the sub sonic punch so do you think Proline 3000 is better or much better than the class D?

2. Which driver in specific did u use from Eighteensound?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>