FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MT121 revisited, revised

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
pfly View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2011 at 2:23am
As many know, MT122 plans on the main site are bit misleading and confusing.

Also I think this type of midtop doesn't necessarily need 18mm outer shell, since that's just what it is, shell or rack where real acoustic pieces are bolted into.

To kill some time I redrew the horn, this time completely from 15mm ply. This thickness will be enough for outer panels and at the same time will make tricky horn assembly a bit easier with its larger joint surfaces. It should also theoretically dampen the horn a bit more. I also removed mitre angles of over 45 degrees. To do this, I needed to make the whole thing few cm taller. This makes back chamber slightly larger. Other alteration that may have slight acoustic difference to the original is that I also replaced speaker baffle and horn throat baffle with 15mm ply, so there is sliiiightly more volume in compression chamber.

I hope I got all important dimensions covered in these pictures. Missing information can be measured from Sketchup file. Please let me know if something importand cannot be derived from dimensions already given in pictures.

I also hope this will make it easier to build more MT's as I believe these are very very nice basic mid horns for the price, only put off by their build difficulty.

Here is a ZIP file with pictures with measurements and .SKP file for Sketchup
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9726318/mt121/mt121_15mm.zip

Have fun
-Mikko

Edited by pfly - 14 March 2011 at 2:28am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234