Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Our new baby

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Wilkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Our new baby
    Posted: 24 March 2011 at 8:04am
Fresh from the glue stage. Quadruplets born yesterday. Faital 3" tuned to around 90hz, used 1 per side with a single 12" sub for solo performers or 2 per side with two subs.

Pretty good for home use as well Smile

Edited by Tony Wilkes - 24 March 2011 at 8:11am
www.forteaudio.eu - BMS - db-Mark Processors - Lexon (SAE)
TheAmazingGanjaMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheAmazingGanjaMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2011 at 9:43pm
very nice, just checked the drivers. any more pics! would love to see them loaded, will u be using anythin above them or do they sound ok up high?
Burn Baby Burn Voice Coil Inferno
Baron Greenback View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baron Greenback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2011 at 9:52pm
Nice one Tony they are going to be sweet, you have just got to love laser cutters! just remember not to stare into the beam!
The doctor recons I'm paranoid... well he didn't say it exactly, but I just knew the bastard was thinking it!
Nachural View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nachural Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2011 at 10:16pm
Tony, how do they sound in terms of HF extension? Plots look good on the faital website.
it's all just cardboard and magnets really
SamV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2011 at 11:38pm
Why 3" Tony?
Edd Jordan View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edd Jordan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2011 at 11:49pm
thats awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! let me know how it sounds..
I do a sideline in ply wood wheels.
login4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote login4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2011 at 11:52pm
ye im hopefully going to be using these drivers in my 12v mini rig so do tell, how do they sound?

ncie little  baby btw.

Edited by login4 - 24 March 2011 at 11:53pm
CELTIC SUBSONIC SOUND SYSTEMS
Tony Wilkes View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Wilkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2011 at 6:54am
Why the 3" drivers?.  They are readily available at a reasonable price and do have the upper extension with high quality that is perfect for this type of job.

I am aiming for a X-over of around 180hz to the subs but they will probably need a bit of EQ nearing this point when in free air i.e. on poles. On wall brackets they should do much better.

Regarding the laser cut front plate, the drivers have to be rear loaded so not wanting a thick baffle the 3mm steel plate seemed ideal. The front plate and pre-wired driver assembly then just screws down on to battens. The front plate will be powder coated along with the rap-around grill.

Will try and load them later today and take a photo, up to my eyeballs in it at the moment, no excuses when the weathers this good!!

Tony

p.s. should work out slightly cheaper than the Bose "L1" system Wink

Edited by Tony Wilkes - 25 March 2011 at 11:33am
Tony Wilkes View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Wilkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2011 at 11:14am
Do you think that I may have overdone the sub?

Nachural View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nachural Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2011 at 11:29am
Jist looking at the Failal 4FE30 http://www.faitalpro.com/products/schede/fes.php?id=401005100
it looks like a nice driver too.
it's all just cardboard and magnets really
hond View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2011 at 6:13pm
nah you never can overdo the sub :p
jamwa View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2011 at 7:04pm
very nice simlar approach to how HK do there ellements range.
so are you making them so you can add more units above

if you make them so they are 16ohm you could allow for additional topboxes for greater coverage.

but very nice young man...
Sound, Light, Projection, Display, Cameras and production support
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>