Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > 1850 and 186 horns
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1850 CNC Plans

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spongebob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1850 CNC Plans
    Posted: 30 March 2011 at 9:04pm
Hi All,

I have decided to build a few 1850 horns to get started on a little mini system for use in the summer.

I have got a friend who's nifty with the CNC side of things to take the plans and turn them into a CAD file - Before I go ahead and put the order in with Avon Plywood please could someone take a look at it and make sure there isnt anything glaringly wrong with it?

The CNC file is here http://www.fileserve.com/file/KsGNzNJ

and here's some pics:

If everything looks ok to a couple of people, then i'll gen off a cutsheet and put it in here - Im hoping that together with the CNC file should make some peoples lives easier down the road :

Edited by spongebob - 18 April 2011 at 1:45am
djeddie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djeddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2011 at 10:01pm
Have you asked AP if they've got it on file already? I know they had loads on the PC in the office.
Chas n Dave : it's like Drum and Bass but with beards.             E=mc² ±3dB
spongebob View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spongebob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2011 at 10:05pm
I cant seem to get ahold of anyone that has any idea about this or cabs in general - Is there someone I should be asking for?

Edited by spongebob - 30 March 2011 at 10:05pm
djeddie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djeddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2011 at 10:12pm
Got to admit the last time I went to AP was about 5/6 years ago and I can't remember the name of the guy I spoke with, I just remember him showing me the CAD plans on his PC, which at the time was almost all Thunder Ridge cabs. But there were folders of loads of cab designs on it. Sorry I can't help more. How close are you to AP? Is it worth popping in and asking?
Mind you, that PC may have been replaced and all the designs lost, but it might be worth a try.
Chas n Dave : it's like Drum and Bass but with beards.             E=mc² ±3dB
Joshwaa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joshwaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2011 at 6:25pm
Currently looking to do the same thing, and you may have just saved me a lot of time and money! but cant access the file through the link posted. Have you had any luck with avon ply as far as tracking down previous CAD files for the 1850's?
spongebob View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spongebob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2011 at 9:03pm
Avon ply actually do the wood part of it, they ship out all the CNC work to a company called 4th dimension which is round the corner. Theres a great chap there that'll answer all your questions if you phone. He's suppost to get back to me in the next week with the files he's found on their system - I'll let you know which ones it is so if you do order from them it'll make it easier for you.

Edited by spongebob - 11 April 2011 at 9:04pm
spongebob View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spongebob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2011 at 1:44am
Joshwaa: Apologies, apparently when I first read your post I was being a dipstick and didnt see the "the link doesnt work" part.

Here's the file:

http://www.fileserve.com/file/KsGNzNJ

Edited by spongebob - 18 April 2011 at 1:45am
Meduza View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meduza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2011 at 7:45pm
Have you taken this any further?
spongebob View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spongebob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2011 at 9:33pm
Hi Meduza,

I got these files done and then actually went ahead with buying flatpacks from a cab builder - The CNC place near me were being a giant pain to deal with
wangbag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wangbag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2011 at 10:34am
did you find out if the cad file is all spot on though?
thanks
spongebob View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spongebob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2011 at 8:25pm
Alas not wangbag - Ended up getting some flatpacks made up
jasonn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jasonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2011 at 6:05am
I'm also looking to get some of these cut from Avon Ply so if anyone has the bang on CNC it'd save me a lot of time and money :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>