Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

repair for miltec mta 1600

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dj scratchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: repair for miltec mta 1600
    Posted: 12 April 2011 at 11:35am
hiya guys i need to repair one of my miltec amps but dont no where to go is there anyone on here that can do it or give advise on how to repair it myself

the amp turns on but on one channel the protect light stays on and does not click of like the other ???? im abit stumped my exsperiance with amp repairs goes as far as changing the glass fuses in them lol

cheers guys
sound, light, trilite, stage decks, complete stage packages indoor and outdoor 07568188104 sl systems sound&light
andyr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2011 at 6:06pm
Send it or take it back to Miltec or if you want to repair it yourself give them a call for advice, they have a unit just outside Maidstone in Kent.
ceharden View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceharden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2011 at 6:33pm
It was a very long while ago but I have worked on one of the MTA1600's before and have the schematics.  If you wanted to ship it down to me in sunny Southampton for a little holiday I'd be happy to take a look at it.

Chris

dj scratchy View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dj scratchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2011 at 9:52am
cheers mate i may well do that any idea on what the cost will be and also time cos i have a few dates for that amp coming up lol have you got a number i can call you on ?
sound, light, trilite, stage decks, complete stage packages indoor and outdoor 07568188104 sl systems sound&light
ceharden View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceharden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2011 at 2:39pm
I don't like trying to guess repair costs before seeing an amp because it can vary anything from a half hour job to many hours rebuilding an output stage with all new components.  The Easter break could get in the way of a very fast turnaround but I can try.

Will PM contact details
wayward91 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wayward91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2011 at 12:09am

I know this is a little off point but i was just wondering are these amps any good up until recently i hadn’t heard of miltec .

Cheers ed

Post Reply Post Reply