Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Computer Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wireless going mad...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Friss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wireless going mad...
    Posted: 14 April 2011 at 12:25am
Thanks for response - yeah doing it manually. I'll have a play with the router tomorrow, but the startup issues make me think it's a driver issue with the network card.  If only I had a cable long enough...  In the mean time, PC doesnt get turned off until I've copied dissertation onto another computer and checked it's virus free, etc. etc..
GeorgeE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeorgeE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2011 at 11:24pm
I assume you have tried setting it all manually from the computer...(as opposed to it's auto detection stuff)
I think changing settings from the router might be a good start, see if you can get it to connect properly with any setting(s). Also try just turning the router off and then back on, might be a random bug...

Or there's always the good old bule network wires...
Friss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2011 at 4:59pm
My computer is telling me "the settings saved on this computer do not match the requirements of the network" - i.e. wrong security and encryption type.  However, they are right and about 50% of the time I do connect to the router (it still says I'm disconnected but I'm online to send this!).  This started when I updated windows 7 to SP1, which I have now rolled back as it seemed to have caused other startup problems, but it's still happening.  Anyone had anything like this? Should probably post this on a computer forum really...

The card is made by Ralink (can't find model number without opening up pc), driver's up to date.
 Post Reply Post Reply