Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Does anyone else enjoy tiding cables?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote windowgobo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Does anyone else enjoy tiding cables?
    Posted: 14 April 2011 at 9:10pm
 i dont mean long runs of tangeled XLRs or speaker cables at a gig. specifically home systems, i use my pa for home listing i quite like running cables around the room and such, after its return home.

In lab and mouse studies, the compound, known as THC, cut lung tumor growth in half and helped prevent the cancer from spreading, says Anju Preet, PhD, a Harvard University researcher in Boston
AUDIO HABIT View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AUDIO HABIT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2011 at 9:14pm
too much THC me thinks LOL 
https://www.facebook.com/fxstageproductions
iand4403 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iand4403 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2011 at 9:30pm
I have to deal with a worse version of this at work:

you're welcome to come sort it out!
TONY.A.S.S. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONY.A.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2011 at 9:33pm
It's a case of man against cable. If you can get the better of them, it's very satisfying. After a bit of training, they do behave themselves.
SikaRigsmith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SikaRigsmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2011 at 9:47pm

Yes I kind of do :)

I work in the underwater sector as electronic and software engineer. I been trained by EX MOD/BAE engineers to wireloom like the used to in the good old days with laceing cord.
Maybe its something you might fancy giving a go.

Proper MOD bods can get well anal about this aswell, like things like ident tags put on the right way so 6 dont mean 9. mecanical joints with solder that is just a backup, the ability to see wire stands in the solder, erm pulling coax though the sides of screens using hooks and all kinds of bollox the adverage joe just wouldent care or know that much about.

Most of my rig has green garden string as cords holding all the wires togther aswell. I can attchaly get in a club and switch on and off in seconds, hardest thing is carrying the boxes
cilla.scope View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Legs all the way to her bottom....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cilla.scope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2011 at 12:47am
Yep, seen that sort of work, and used to employ some very decent pro wiremen. When you have seen a nice jackfield all nicely wired up by a pro wireman ... its a work of art .. some of the installations I used to work on where absolutely spotless and stunning in terms of wiring inside the bays ... rarely see that sort of attention to detail now.
My girlfriend thinks I'm a stalker.
Well, she's not exactly my girlfriend yet ...
cilla.scope View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Legs all the way to her bottom....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cilla.scope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2011 at 12:49am
Originally posted by iand4403 iand4403 wrote:

eeeeek! .. someone needs a slap for that one! ... bet the patching is totally undocumented too.

let me guess ... that mess is mission critical, and its all live 24/7?
My girlfriend thinks I'm a stalker.
Well, she's not exactly my girlfriend yet ...
SamV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2011 at 2:31am

Looks like UK2 in Canning Town.
mykey- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2011 at 2:41am

that's a disgrace
BlueDragon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlueDragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2011 at 3:55am

Hmmm, let me guess - several people with access to repatch it but nobody actually in charge (or at least noone who can be a*sed...?)
kevin tyler View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin tyler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2011 at 10:45am
i find nothing more enjoyable than getting a big tin of mixed nuts nails and screws and sorting them in to their little sections in one of them plastuic organiser thiings,

organised maybe?

control freak, defo!

Smile 
kevinmcdonough View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevinmcdonough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2011 at 11:30am
lolol

I don't think I enjoy it as such, but there is a certain satisfaction when you spend a bit of time sorting a big patchbay out or spending time wiring a rack properly and its all neat and tidy. And i'm also a bit of a tyrant when it comes to setting up a stage and making sure all the cable runs are neat and tidy and organised (lol much to the "delight" of the kids i teach sound engineering to sometimes! Tongue)

k

Edited by kevinmcdonough - 16 April 2011 at 12:11am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>