Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stasys Stacker Speaker

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emperorfaith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stasys Stacker Speaker
    Posted: 23 April 2011 at 2:32pm
I'm currently thinking of buying 4 Stasys X's at the moment, and thinking physical size wise these are not big enough for some venues i'll be using them in as i think the rig would need a bit more precence.

Trying to think of a design that i could use for stacking either above or below and what would enhance these both in quality and looks.

Not sure where to go, infrabass, w bin, Gsub, flh????? Think two speaker above or below, front dimensions should ideally be 1220x636 for aesthetic resons, depth doesn't matter.........

Cost ideally should be less than £500 per unit, so maybe a simple twin box with 2 x V18-1000's in????? or a would 8 x 18 inch flh'sand sit the X's on top be better????

Or am i flogging a dead horse here and just build some empty boxes to sit them on lol????

kevinmcdonough View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevinmcdonough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2011 at 2:53pm
hey

Yeah to be honest i don't think it would work very well.

If its about the height of your tops then yeah an empty wooden box will be best. (What are you using for tops by the way?)

Its not a good idea to have different speaker designs covering the same frequencies, you should really seperate them and have the frequencies your box is playing ether above or below the stasys.

However then you need to assume that it will be playing at the same volume as your two stasys X to keep it all balanced, and stasys X is a LOUD speaker would be very hard for most people on here really to build something else that would keep up, its a great design that we all wish we knew the secrets behind! Tongue

If you really are set on it then your either going for making a super low cab to bring out 25 or 30Hz, or making a powerful kick/lower mid cab to help your tops keep up.

But be perfectly honest, while I understand you want it to look like a "big" rig, I would shy away from it. Although i dont know what kind of events you'll be doing, 4 stasys X should be plenty loud for a large number of people and it'll make you look better because people will be shocked and impressed by the power of the bass coming from a relativity small system.

Then when you start getting some money buy some more Stasys X Tongue

k

cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2011 at 2:54pm
empty boxes i would say. If X are your bin of choice then just work the jobs you can with what you have till you can afford to get more.

if you're deciding to invest enough to get 4 x stasys X and everything else you'll need to run that rig as it should be... then you've decided to do things to a high standard.. so don't make some dumb decision to stick something else random in there for appearance sake.. it will probably detract from your rig more than anything else.
emperorfaith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emperorfaith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2011 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by cravings cravings wrote:

empty boxes i would say. If X are your bin of choice then just work the jobs you can with what you have till you can afford to get more.

if you're deciding to invest enough to get 4 x stasys X and everything else you'll need to run that rig as it should be... then you've decided to do things to a high standard.. so don't make some dumb decision to stick something else random in there for appearance sake.. it will probably detract from your rig more than anything else.

Cheers guys i was expecting an answer like this.

I was hoping however that there may have been a way to design some cheap boxes working on the sub 35Hz range maybe, but am guessing these would have to be huge??? It just seems a shame to waste boxes by being empty.

K, I'm not exactly sure what the tops are gonna be yet, everything is still in the planning stage, i may not even go for the X's, i may be going down a sub/usb route. I'd rather research, ask loads of questions (probably some dum ones) and get enough information in to make the best choice suited to me.

People in the dance scene are still under the illusion bigger is better. I know myself i would rather be dancing by a Funktion One dance stack than next two two X's, it's just that mentality thing.

dunc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dunc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2011 at 4:23pm
Emperor, why not make some Empty boxes with grilles, without any gubbins, but make them into LED light features? 
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2011 at 7:10pm
Originally posted by emperorfaith emperorfaith wrote:

People in the dance scene are still under the illusion bigger is better. I know myself i would rather be dancing by a Funktion One dance stack than next two two X's, it's just that mentality thing.

soo.... fight it.
TechnoChef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TechnoChef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2011 at 8:32pm
Originally posted by cravings cravings wrote:

Originally posted by emperorfaith emperorfaith wrote:

soo.... fight it.

+1

Lots of ravers I know are far more impressed by a little rig that's louder than it's larger counterparts!
I think I'm in love with your mum.
tomschute View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomschute Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2011 at 8:57pm
These (unfortunately) are the people paying our bills. You should be fighting the politicians Tongue
Out to lunch... stableaudio@hotmail.co.uk
www.stableaudio.co.uk
Speaker Building Services
SamV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2011 at 11:25pm
Stasys X + Stasys 8 = Great combo. In my experience the X lacks in the upper bass area.
emperorfaith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emperorfaith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2011 at 9:51am
Originally posted by SamV SamV wrote:

Stasys X + Stasys 8 = Great combo. In my experience the X lacks in the upper bass area.

Good call but it's finding them cheap enough........ Isn't an Stasys 8 just a usb with Void drivers though????
Speaker Sol View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speaker Sol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2011 at 12:22pm
My advice from experience. 

A 4 X mono stack is pretty mental, way to loud to stand close to. If you go for a pair of 3 stacks you are not far off the sound pressure of a two 4 stacks. 

To be honest if you have the work for this much sound just buy 4 or 6 or 8 Stasys X as many as you need. If you don't have the work for this many speakers don't buy them as it will break your hart watching them sit in the lockup week after week. Indecently if you can't get hold of the money then I would suggest that you may not really have the work for the system, I find the two usually come hand in hand. 

Also, in my experience if you really need to be using the Stasys 3.2s or Primes with these bins, you will be getting a lot more work  at better prices for having the full Stasys Rig. 

Amps, the X are a amp eating monster of a bin, to get he most out of them you will need a big ass amp, I use PKN XE6000s, 2 bins per amp. This works out great for me. 

All this is a lot of money, well worth it if you have the work for it, a Stasys rig will make you smile every time. 

Hope that helps.

Post Reply Post Reply