Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Golden oldies
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

H/H PA Systems

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 14>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hhamplification Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2011 at 5:39pm
No, no, far from it, just thinning slightly as I have too much of the same!
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2011 at 6:07pm
There does come a point when a collection just becomes an obsession i guess,any more than one ic100 would be silly,i mean its not like you need a breeding pair!

When you cant get in the garage door.then its time to stop!
Be seeing you.
Mhamplification View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mhamplification Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2011 at 8:28pm
I think what you mean Ian is when you cant get in the garage door  Get a bigger garage or rent another storage container
I used to say I had enough Citronic Mixers but theres still plenty out there to tease me !!
GregM View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GregM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2011 at 9:15pm
Hee hee, now com'on boys! - you simply haven't got a handle on this 'collecting' malarky have you? - never, ever, comes the day when enough is enough! - surely we all secretely know and acknowledge that don't we.....?

Bizzarely, I've have quite literally this evening agreed with the significant woman in my life that I'll continue collecting what she refers to as "stuff", trading as and when suits to gather the 'always wanted' pieces - on the basis I provide some of said 'stuff' when required for use by local clubs/scouts/bands/fete committees etc etc.

It works for me - cos it gives me the legitimate ability to stash away a few prized bits n bobs'..... win-win in my book Smile

Greg

Edited by GregM - 02 May 2011 at 11:04pm
Remember, if you don't want to hear the answer, don't ask the question!
james folkes View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote james folkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2011 at 11:59pm
speakers are like bicycles, in that the optimum number to have is always n+1, where n is the number you currently have...

well, actually, amplifiers are more like bicycles.

for speakers it's n+2 obviously...

james.
mardy hippy.
4D View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2011 at 8:21am
Originally posted by james folkes james folkes wrote:

speakers are like bicycles, in that the optimum number to have is always n+1, where n is the number you currently have...

well, actually, amplifiers are more like bicycles.

for speakers it's n+2 obviously...

james.

Very good James..

............................. Smile
DMZ. "The bass was intense. Girls were literally running up to stand next to the subs"
Nathan 149 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nathan 149 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2011 at 2:00pm
is anyone interested in some old h/h gear i know a man who is selling up and he has the bass, mid + horn h/h lights anything around he h/h era he also has loaads of outdoor PA equipment to go

if you look at jbl_mans picture he has a pair of them too

im new to this site and can't yet advertise on 'stuff to sell' and i also havnt quite got the hang of it yet so if you are interested give me a call 07769504928 were based in leicester
Mhamplification View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mhamplification Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2011 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by Nathan 149 Nathan 149 wrote:

is anyone interested in some old h/h gear i know a man who is selling up and he has the bass, mid + horn h/h lights anything around he h/h era he also has loaads of outdoor PA equipment to go

if you look at jbl_mans picture he has a pair of them too

im new to this site and can't yet advertise on 'stuff to sell' and i also havnt quite got the hang of it yet so if you are interested give me a call 07769504928 were based in leicester

Contact  Andy  H/H amplification back up this page he may be interested  as he can never say no to H/H equipment  provided the price is right
burningbush View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burningbush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2011 at 5:49pm
Another lesser spotted HH cab...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HH-SPEAKER-CABINET-W-BIN-RARE-RETRO-1970s-VERY-LOUD-/120760273457?pt=UK_ConElec_SpeakersPASystems_RL&hash=item1c1ddf8a31

Made from ply, not chip, and is reportedly very loudShocked.  That on top of those 15" scoops that Parky brought would look dandy.

music is the message
jamie95 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamie95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2011 at 6:50pm

evern thinking about  that lot makes my back hurt ,,, i have 2 H/H unit series bass cabs,, there really good for there age,, but weight a bloody tone! 

jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2011 at 6:51pm
Shame about the sound though Gavin...w-bin straight up to twin peizos.....so midrange was a optional extra not fitted to this model Sir!
Be seeing you.
TONY.A.S.S. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONY.A.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2011 at 7:53pm
Isn't it amazing how many manufacturers copied the EV Eliminator bin.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 14>