Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Golden oldies
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

H/H PA Systems

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 14>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mhamplification Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2012 at 8:00pm
They are or should be 1500E`s in the bins and 1200E`s in the mid range cabs Nice drivers but quite fragile
 If magnets are knocked off centre they are useless and have to be binned 
colint View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2012 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by csg csg wrote:

1500 series HH? or did those come too late

ive got a big soft spot for HH, my very first proper amp ( as in not a total pile of %^&*) was a SA130 ( or was it a MA130?) slave that i had to cycle home with it hanging off the handlebar of my pushbike....i was 14 at the time!

S130 was the slave hence the s, and ma130 was mixer amp hence the ma
The s130 was a wicked amp had a few myself over the years
Never criticise another man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. Once you have, call him what you like, you're a mile away and you've got his shoes!
HH Electronics View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HH Electronics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2012 at 9:08pm
Some great pictures here... may borrow some of these for the Facebook site if that's ok....
Mhamplification View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mhamplification Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2012 at 9:36pm
I would ask Andy first but Im sure he wouldnt mind
derekh99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote derekh99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2012 at 3:17pm
Hello fellow HH fans.

I am putting together a H||H PA system together for my Disco.

I have acquired four Unit III base bins, a couple of Unit horns
a V800 amp , a v200 amp and a vx150.

To complete my system I need :-

* A Pair of H||H bullet arrays.
* H||H X300 crossover
* A set of speaker covers.

Does any one know where I could obtain the missing parts?

With regard to the speaker covers does anyone know where I might get a set of plans or know someone who has made them before for the Unit Bass and Unit Horn series.

Best Regards
Derek
GregM View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GregM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2012 at 8:08pm
Derek,

Welcome to SP, oncde you find your way about you'll find some top top people on here willing to help and advise.

Re the HH system you're building, I'd love to see a few photos when you can, again, there's a few collectors on here - Andy being probably the most prolific.

I've been looking for a good few years now, but I've never actually seen an X300 crossover come up for sale anywhere and the last time I saw Andy, I'm sure even he didn't have one stashed away - sadly I'm guessing they're as rare as hen's teeth.......

Greg
Remember, if you don't want to hear the answer, don't ask the question!
Mhamplification View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mhamplification Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2012 at 8:27pm
Greg
Andy does have at least one X300 Maybe it was hid up when you were there last
 Which isnt hard seeing how much he has got at his yard
He seems to be having a bit of a cull at the moment  so could be a good time to pick up some bargains !!
Martin
GregM View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GregM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2012 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by Mhamplification Mhamplification wrote:

.......so could be a good time to pick up some bargains !!
Martin

Thanks chap, I like your thinking.......will PM Andy - there's a few HH bits I could use and, lets face it, if they still exist, he'll have them!

Greg
Remember, if you don't want to hear the answer, don't ask the question!
HH Electronics View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HH Electronics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2012 at 4:18pm
Please do post some pictures if you get the chance and I'll also put them on the HH Website and Facebook page

Jay

Originally posted by derekh99 derekh99 wrote:

Hello fellow HH fans.

I am putting together a H||H PA system together for my Disco.

I have acquired four Unit III base bins, a couple of Unit horns
a V800 amp , a v200 amp and a vx150.

To complete my system I need :-

* A Pair of H||H bullet arrays.
* H||H X300 crossover
* A set of speaker covers.

Does any one know where I could obtain the missing parts?

With regard to the speaker covers does anyone know where I might get a set of plans or know someone who has made them before for the Unit Bass and Unit Horn series.

Best Regards
Derek
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2012 at 7:32pm
Originally posted by colint colint wrote:

[QUOTE=csg] 1500 series HH? or did those come too late

ive got a big soft spot for HH, my very first proper amp ( as in not a total pile of %^&*) was a SA130 ( or was it a MA130?) slave that i had to cycle home with it hanging off the handlebar of my pushbike....i was 14 at the time!

The s130 was a wicked amp had a few myself over the years [/QUOTE

Yes, the S130, thats the one. I used to think nothing at all of going into a hall holding 300 people with 2 McKensie loaded Scott 12' + bullet speakers on tall stands, fed from the S130. Did that for years, i don't think i knew what bass was....but i never had a single complaint!
“The fact is this is about identifying what we do best and finding more ways of doing less of it better”
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2012 at 8:40pm
I did the same thing Chris,only i had a pair of the ic100 guitar version,but used them via the slave input,so basically the same as the s130.....running flat-out into home made 2x12's,Around 1976 i think....as you say,no real bass as such,but still seemed quite loud back then.....i do remember the rear panel on those ic100's was so hot you could fry an egg on them!
Be seeing you.
colint View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2012 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by csg csg wrote:

Originally posted by colint colint wrote:

[QUOTE=csg] 1500 series HH? or did those come too late

The s130 was a wicked amp had a few myself over the years [/QUOTE

Yes, the S130, thats the one. I used to think nothing at all of going into a hall holding 300 people with 2 McKensie loaded Scott 12' + bullet speakers on tall stands, fed from the S130. Did that for years, i don't think i knew what bass was....but i never had a single complaint!

Yup me too! I had Citronic stateline at the time, I used to run a pair of 2 x 12's + 2 peizos off the deck and a pair of 2 x 15's + 2 eagle pa horns  off the S130 always sounded good back then and never had a problem with the volume with 3-500 people.
(never broke down either)
Never criticise another man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. Once you have, call him what you like, you're a mile away and you've got his shoes!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 14>