Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Punisher and X-tro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

important: seal gasket

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
hektik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hektik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: important: seal gasket
    Posted: 10 July 2008 at 3:34pm
fiil the gaps then run a small amount all the way around the gasket ,,,AND LET IT DRY then fit ur driver
sKs01 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sKs01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2008 at 2:41pm
nice, might be worth looking into that. Thumbs%20Up
You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me it's a full time job. Now behave yourself.
hektik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hektik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2008 at 2:38pm
no it wont stik them to the cab at all ....its not glue it drys like rubber
sKs01 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sKs01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2008 at 11:27pm
@ hektik: wouldn't that make getting blown drivers out a fair bit of a challenge?
You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me it's a full time job. Now behave yourself.
hektik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hektik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2008 at 6:37pm
SEALING GASKETS

IF U USE SILICONE BASED INSTANT GASKET SEALER (U NO THE ORANGE STUFF FOR CARS) IT WORKS A TREAT

U CAN GET IT FROM HALFORDS ,MOTOR WORLD ETC
Mark James View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2008 at 12:37pm
@tweeter box please dont take this the wrong way [hard to express a tone of voice in written form]
but I take it you havnt ever seen one?
they are built like a tank, if they did a 15" version with a lower fs [<30hz] then that would be what i would design a very long folded horn sub on.....in fact if they just did an almost identicle driver with a lower fs thats what i would use.....
do they do anything like that?????

edited becaus afaik there is no username tweeter bo.... lol

Edited by Markk James - 08 March 2008 at 12:52pm
me so horny me love you long throw
horn loaded for her pleasure
roborg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2008 at 12:07pm
The current batch have slight gaps in the foam gasket, but once the driver is tightened down to the baffle the outer rim seals adequately.  Maybe very slight gaps are desirable to allow the speaker box pressure to equalise? (but obviously not several mm ones)  Unless you're going to play in an aircraft & drop 10,000 feet a minuteWink

Originally posted by tweeter box tweeter box wrote:

1000w rms!!!! really??? It looks like one of them cheap car audio drivers, no offence

Would these drivers be good for any other design boxes?

Kick bins perhaps?

Its a 1K AES, so (assuming Ciare arent being too liberal) 1K RMS too.  The venting is pretty impressive on these & it has a sturdy looking 4" VC.  As for kick bin, i reckon they could be used, but the heavy cone results in a mass roll-off of ~220Hz so not so high.  The power handling is good, but the xmax would never be used in a horn-loaded kick bin, so not the ideal driver.  Small bass-reflex kick bin might work quite well Smile

cheers,
  Rob.
What I cannot create, I do not understand
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2008 at 4:52pm
It's a very tight, stiff and thick cone with a lot of xmax. So from the little I know, very suited to horns, perhaps a tapped one?
tweeter box View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tweeter box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2008 at 3:31pm
1000w rms!!!! really??? It looks like one of them cheap car audio drivers, no offence

Would these drivers be good for any other design boxes?

Kick bins perhaps?

toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2007 at 11:26pm
Originally posted by Unknown Enemy Unknown Enemy wrote:

i have a question about these speakers. what is the rms of these speakers. on there website is just says 1000 watts. is that peak or rms

cheers

1000w RMS.
Unknown Enemy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unknown Enemy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2007 at 9:10pm
i have a question about these speakers. what is the rms of these speakers. on there website is just says 1000 watts. is that peak or rms

cheers

Charles_V View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charles_V Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2007 at 12:10pm
are you in the uk?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>