Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Punisher and X-tro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RCF L12P300

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djtowny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RCF L12P300
    Posted: 13 May 2011 at 1:26am
Hi there,
Would the RCF L12P300 driver work well in the Punisher. I have a few of these as spares and want to put them in Punishers. Would they fit and what would there output be like. Any helps good help. Don't need other options, just need to know if they'd work alright.

Thanks a lot. Ant
tweeter box View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tweeter box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2011 at 1:35am
i think them drivers would be beter suited for mid range
djtowny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djtowny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2011 at 10:09am
Maybe but I already use them in reflex subs and they work very well. Need to know what they'd be like in a horn. Mainly the Punisher.
airbell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote airbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2011 at 11:02am
not as good as the ciare in punisher.
you maybe have the same midbass or upper bass, but far less low end than with the ciares.
this is mainly because of the lower xmax, also lower power rating.
so not the best choice, more a compromiss if you already have them and want it louder than reflex.

but for that efford to build punishers i would also buy the best fitting drivers.

best regards

Edited by airbell - 13 May 2011 at 11:03am
djtowny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djtowny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2011 at 7:31pm
Well i'll be using a stack of 4 or maybe six. So would the combined output be decent? Thx

Could someone sim this up on hornresp for me please. I know its a lot to ask but i'm on mac so cannot :/ Would appreciate the help.
airbell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote airbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2011 at 9:21pm

First plot is the L12p300.
Both are 0,5pi so you say its like 4 speakers standing on the ground
(theoretical)
As i said rcf is better for midbassWink
it has more vas and less cone mass.

the grey line is the spl at 500w input (i gave it 500 instead of 400...)
according to 63,25V what is 500w@8 ohm.
because the resistance of the whole speaker is alterning(impedance 8ohm)
it has not 8ohm at each frequency, so not 500w at each frequency, but less or more.
for example at 40hz the speaker has about 20ohm and will only take 200watt...

thats why you have the black plot, which is at least the same important imo.
it shows the max possible output at each frequency for 500w,
also taking care about the max. possible cone excursion.
you can see that the rcf is between 60and 80hz not limited by the power, but by the cone
excursion.

in real life you can push your cone more than the rated xmax, but with very fast rising distortion and not linear spl increasing.

the second plot is the ciare 12sw at 1000w.
you can see, considering about both plots, that the ciare has about 4db more output,
if you look at the max spl plot even more...

well actually its not the worst speaker for the punisher.
if you dont want to do big concerts or events and like woodwork,
do the punishers with rcf and have funSmile
surely they will give you more output than reflex and boom more...

best regards

Edited by airbell - 13 May 2011 at 9:24pm
djtowny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djtowny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2011 at 9:48pm
Thank you so much buddy. Really appreciate the help. I will use the RCF's for now, see what there like. Then in time maybe upgrade to Ciares.

Thanks Ant
4AC View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4AC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2011 at 3:15pm
These gius are fitted in a RCF bandpass bass bin for installations and a D&B audio BR bass bin for bass/kicks.

So it's good for bass, not for sub

for punisher you need a very high xmax, and that cab is specifically designed for the sw12.00!
djtowny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djtowny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2011 at 8:39pm
Well the hornresp readings look decent enough to me. So i'm going to try the RCF's before i spend a load of unnecessary cash. But cheers for the input :)
djtowny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djtowny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2011 at 3:23am
Just to say, the RCF's work in Punishers extremely well. Pumping out loads of clean bass :D
airbell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote airbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2011 at 3:51pm
thats cool!
i mean if you would directly compare it with a ciare loaded punisher maybe you d hear the 2 or 3 dB difference, but its not as far a big difference as from a reflex to a horn loaded cab.Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply