FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Speakerplans Facebook page

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2011 at 12:22pm
Quote There are some great pics already and the tone is light hearted. Not technoanal. I see no reason why having fun should not include pics and a hearty larf. On SP that too difficult. On FB it's easy.

See, I don't get why/how SP became this technoanal monster you describe.

My reason for joining originally was the banter, ribbing and general comedy alongside all the good technical stuff. When/how/why did this change (if it indeed has)?

I agree, pics posting is a PITA on SP (which FB does admirably) until you 'get with the programme' [imageshack/photobucket/etc]

My laser stuff: Frikkin Lasers
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2011 at 8:22am
Spam Mike.Deleted now.Thumbs Up
Be seeing you.
AUDIO HABIT View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AUDIO HABIT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2011 at 7:17am
anyone know what this gibberish is ???
https://www.facebook.com/fxstageproductions
Nachural View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nachural Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2011 at 11:06am
Good point, I'll give it a go!
it's all just cardboard and magnets really
Muckerbarnes1 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muckerbarnes1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2011 at 10:58am
It must be Chris. Most of the posts on FB so far are from nuts like us. There are some great pics already and the tone is light hearted. Not technoanal. I see no reason why having fun should not include pics and a hearty larf. On SP that too difficult. On FB it's easy.

For those that don't like it... just don't use it. Simple.
Billy Dawg.
Nachural View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nachural Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2011 at 10:32am
Maybe I'm missing something but how does facebook enhance this forum? Is it relative to us ua all?
it's all just cardboard and magnets really
opus jody View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote opus jody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2011 at 10:20am
There's another forum I know, a much smaller one(maybe 50 regulars & a few hundred occasional posters, that had a FB page made for it, and in my opinion it's killed that forum.
don't get me wrong, the FB format is great, maybe too good, but riddled with associated problems.
I'll do FB & SP, but I wouldn't put them together. if you want SP, go to SP. if you want your friends/contacts, go to FB.
I'd vote 4D for admin, if he wants to, but he doesn't sound too keen on the idea.
Improvised Hardware Music http://vimeo.com/user9389813/videos
Randall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2011 at 12:46am
I'm not trying to deliberately piss anyone off or anything, but surly theirs no criteria as such to join the forum except to have a at least some interest in audio and any derivatives there of. I still run two soundlab double 12 miss, that doesn't mean I don't wish to upgrade and I know there not the best in the world but surely that doesn't mean I'm not allowed on this forum? And anyway, you don't have to join the fb group and you can just pretend it doesn't exist?
nuclearbass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuclearbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2011 at 12:13am
I like facebook but think this needs to be kept away....its kinda like the magicians magic circle....putting it on facebook opens it up for people who arnt intrested but are just nosey.....
The Mole View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Mole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2011 at 2:11am
Originally posted by rich21 rich21 wrote:

Clap
Originally posted by 4D 4D wrote:

Sheesh I dont have enough hours in the day to visit sp & fb so why dilute the uniqueness of the sp when there is already pa of the day and dozens of other related pages on fb..
Clap
+10 ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap 

FacebookThumbs Down

Edited by The Mole - 23 May 2011 at 9:45am
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2011 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by asaa00 asaa00 wrote:

Originally posted by nuclearbass nuclearbass wrote:

Originally posted by jbl_man jbl_man wrote:

As much as i would like to contribute to the Facebook page,i have a technical issue with it....whichever pc i use here,FB just slows them up to a complete crawl....FB was fine,up to around 4 months ago,when they changed the way photos were displayed,they use to be simple thumbnails,click to enlarge,but now the photos open in a black frame(java?),and take ages to load....if the album is around 50 photos or more,it completely freezes the pcs up.(tried it on four different pcs,allways same problem)....if anyone has any ideas,or solutions,i would love to hear...the problem only occurs with Facebook,no other sites.
Wacko

i found it was like this on i.e & google chrome..... i started to use fire fox and it works fine now

go update your java.  www.java.com

Java has nothing to do with javascript.
asaa00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asaa00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2011 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by Friss Friss wrote:

Originally posted by AUDIO HABIT AUDIO HABIT wrote:

Originally posted by jbl_man jbl_man wrote:

As much as i would like to contribute to the Facebook page,i have a technical issue with it....whichever pci use here,FB just slows them up to a complete crawl....FB was fine,up to around 4 months ago,when they changed the way photos were displayed,they use to be simple thumbnails,click to enlarge,but now the photos open in a black frame(java?),and take ages to load....if the album is around 50 photos or more,it completely freezes the pcs up.(tried it on four different pcs,always same problem)....if anyone has any ideas,or solutions,i would love to hear...the problem only occurs with Facebook,no other sites.
Wacko

funny enough that just started happening to me ,it was totally unusable,even though it has always been fine,in the end i changed to firefox browser and its fine again,i was just using Internet explorer ...so i don't know if its fb or the browser Confused

I think some browsers and/or routers aren't so good with it because it keeps a constant connection open, 'cause we need to see what everyone's up to in real time...

erm.. in short.. no
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>