Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Speakerplans Facebook page

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AUDIO HABIT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2011 at 5:16pm
Anyone else think it will lower the site,and give us an influx of people we don't want

As for the free party groups,there is a fair few on here,but i totally get what you mean,i also understand everyone hates facebook,but at the same time everyone uses it,and with all the new added features on here ,i thoight it would only be a good thing to link the two together,

There is quite a few people uploading build pics to the page now so it seem to be going OK,but really need to hear peoples opinions,because if everyone just thinks its a bad idea i will just close the page in the interests of sp,but likewise if you think its a good idea please let me know before i spend hours uploading hundreds of system pics and info next week

Any feed back is great,

thanks
mike

https://www.facebook.com/fxstageproductions
audiomik View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audiomik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2011 at 5:19pm
Re: "but at the same time everyone uses it"

have 'Facebook' blacklisted here now due to repeated issues concerning their lack of site security.......
Mik
Warning! May contain Nuts
plus springs, washers, screws, etc, etc.
AUDIO HABIT View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AUDIO HABIT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2011 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by audiomicRo: but at the same time everyone uses it<br><br>have 'Facebook' blacklisted here now due to repeated issues concerning their lack of site security.......<br>Mik[/QUOTE audiomicRo: but at the same time everyone uses it

have 'Facebook' blacklisted here now due to repeated issues concerning their lack of site security.......
Mik[/QUOTE wrote:

not to sure i understand what you mean ?? have facebook blacklisted speakerplans?

not to sure i understand what you mean ?? have facebook blacklisted speakerplans?
specialjustin View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote specialjustin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2011 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by AUDIO HABIT AUDIO HABIT wrote:

Originally posted by audiomicRo: audiomicRo: wrote:

"but at the same time everyone uses it"

Mik

I think he means its blacklisted at his end

Some weird shit is going here, one minute i can't post the next i can, then odd shit happens to me post... 

Edited by bruce - 22 May 2011 at 7:51pm
audiomik View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audiomik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2011 at 5:31pm
Mike
Re: "not to sure i understand what you mean ?? have facebook blacklisted speakerplans?"

I run blacklists and whitelists within the proxy servers I use here and for some Voluntary Groups I support with IT; where sites which have malicious content or are known for spamming etc are blocked or permitted based upon experience and reports from other users.
Mik

Edit: recent example reported here:
Facebook spam

Edited by audiomik - 20 May 2011 at 6:03pm
audiomik View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audiomik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2011 at 5:33pm
Re: "Some weird shit is going here, one minute i can't post the next i can, then odd shit happens to me post... "

Getting the same here, looks like new posts within posts all shifted to the right on the screen!
Mik
infrasound View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infrasound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2011 at 5:46pm
I think BBcode has a habit of spilling out of the posts on this forum....
studio45 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote studio45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2011 at 8:29pm
sure is easier to put photos on the FB page....
Studio45 - Repairs & Building Commotion Soundsystem -Mobile PA
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AUDIO HABIT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2011 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by audiomik audiomik wrote:

Mike
Re: "not to sure i understand what you mean ?? have facebook blacklisted speaker plans?"

I run blacklists and whitelists within the proxy servers I use here and for some Voluntary Groups I support with IT; where sites which have malicious content or are known for spamming etc are blocked or permitted based upon experience and reports from other users.
Mix

Edit: recent example reported here:
Facebook spam

yeah thats is one thing with facebook ,it so full of stuff like this,bit i suppose that's up to the individual user to be vigilant,personally i never enter my passwords into anything like that ,or never reply to emails
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AUDIO HABIT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2011 at 8:38pm
Originally posted by studio45 studio45 wrote:

sure is easier to put photos on the FB page....

yep ,but can take a long time Thumbs Up
mk2_ginger_biscuit69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2011 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by AUDIO HABIT AUDIO HABIT wrote:

it aspires i needed permission to set a page up from Alex,unlike groups which anyone can do ,so alex has asked to be admin on the page,and has said he would also contribute void pictures and info from time to time,

may i ask why you needed alex/voids permission? Do they still own Speakerplans, or rights of, or is it facebook requiring the 'founder' of a website to make a group before they will authorise it? I thought void/rog had completely passed over ownership and running to the current admin/mod group after the misshaps....

To me 'contribute' sounds remarkably like a new front of commercial backing, and look where that got the forum last time (on the blunt, people leaving and FSP being setup as a falloutplan due to SP looking like it was about to implode in a puff of soundlab smoke!).

I presume any manufactorer will be able to join up & 'contribute' new equipment pictures and info without bias from the administration group?

Edited by mk2_ginger_biscuit69 - 20 May 2011 at 9:44pm
''Remember that the object of a subwoofer is to enhance the output of your main speakers, not overpower it''

''Dubstep - an elongated electronic fart''
colint View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2011 at 9:46pm
is it just me that's seeing half of this page shoved over to one side?
it's for the post from specialjustin @5.25pm
Never criticise another man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. Once you have, call him what you like, you're a mile away and you've got his shoes!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>