Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Speakerplans Facebook page

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2011 at 9:52pm
Originally posted by colint colint wrote:

is it just me that's seeing half of this page shoved over to one side?
it's for the post from specialjustin @5.25pm

yeah me too....

''Remember that the object of a subwoofer is to enhance the output of your main speakers, not overpower it''

''Dubstep - an elongated electronic fart''
colint View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2011 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by mk2_ginger_biscuit69 mk2_ginger_biscuit69 wrote:

Originally posted by colint colint wrote:

is it just me that's seeing half of this page shoved over to one side?
it's for the post from specialjustin @5.25pm

yeah me too....

Thanks for that, Thought I was losing the plot there for a bit, I've only had one Jameson LOL
Never criticise another man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. Once you have, call him what you like, you're a mile away and you've got his shoes!
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2011 at 10:13pm
Yep,same here,gremlin on page two of this thread.
Be seeing you.
AUDIO HABIT View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AUDIO HABIT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2011 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by mkmk2 ginger biscuit 69 mkmk2 ginger biscuit 69 wrote:

may i ask why you needealexalext facebook requiring the 'founder' of a website to make a group before facebookl authorise it? I thought void/rog had completely passed over ownership and running to the current arogn/mod group after the mishaps....

To me 'contribute' sounds remarkably like a new front of commercial backing, and look where that got the forum last time (on the blunt, people leaving and FSP being setup as a fall out plan due to SP looking like it was about to implode in a puff of soundlab smoke!).

I presume any manufacturer will be able to join usoundlabtribute' new equipment pictures and info without bias from the administration group?

Evening mate

It's mainly to do with facebook rules,i have to agree with facebook that i have the rights to use the name speakerplans.

As for who owns this place,i don't know,i was under the impression it was Bruce,but i would imagine the name maybe copyrighted or something ..which is still own by Alex?

As for the other question.......too right as long as it's got to do with sound systems and is useful to other people and isn't spamming the page or slating well respected companies then post away ..

But i only set it up for a bit of fun,all i did was set a page lol,the same as thousands of people do every day,and i will do my up most to keep it clean and tidy,..and more to the point who the hell am i to say it will only be this manufactures or that manufactures,im not interested in background wars between firms..i just love speakers and sound system,and cant get enough of them ,and like the idea of seeing more from where ever that is ..apart from squatjuice LOL..........thats all ginge ,why dont you become admin then you can add your own thoughts Big smile

Edited by AUDIO HABIT - 21 May 2011 at 12:34am
https://www.facebook.com/fxstageproductions
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AUDIO HABIT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2011 at 11:08pm
edit .post above was showing live spell checker ,but i got rid of it now  Big smile

Edited by AUDIO HABIT - 20 May 2011 at 11:13pm
mk2_ginger_biscuit69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2011 at 12:42am
hah good answer, was hoping that was your intentions, dont worry got nout against it, just asking while its early on.

thanks for the admin offer, but tbh its a bad idea. Too many people dislike my rather upfront nature, which is fair enough, blunt is goodTongue.

good luck with it
''Remember that the object of a subwoofer is to enhance the output of your main speakers, not overpower it''

''Dubstep - an elongated electronic fart''
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AUDIO HABIT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2011 at 1:22am
thanks mate... it looks like we are of to a good start anyway Big smile

cheers for the support
Randall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2011 at 1:36am
Speakerplans is my escape from all the idiots on facebook! Linking the two can only end in a load of people who love free parties joining the forum and clogging it up with...

'ive got 2 computer speakers rated 1000w, how do you link them up to the amp in my punto'

I would have to move to squatjuice

Part of me agrees with you on this, but tbh, there is a whole wealth of knowledge on this forum that I know has certainly helped me, I must admit I'm still low on the chain and still early on in the learning process but before I was on this forum, I was the man with 20 hifi speakers plugged into a home-mix cd deck. All it needs is some of the people on here with more knowledge to just point people in the right direction and hope they can learn
jack-red-eye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack-red-eye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2011 at 2:01pm
your right randal and i was at the same stage (and some probably think i still am when i say silly things on the forum) but facebook would bring people that arnt nessicerily looking to advance their knowledge about sound equipment past what they have in their bedroom/car
Red Eye HiFi
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AUDIO HABIT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2011 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by jack-red-eye jack-red-eye wrote:

your right randal and i was at the same stage (and some probably think i still am when i say silly things on the forum) but facebook would bring people that arnt nessicerily looking to advance their knowledge about sound equipment past what they have in their bedroom/car

Hi jack ,

you have to think about the amount of people that have come on here with that in mind ,and within a couple of days, they soon realize how wrong they are,and then start to have much bigger aspirations regarding sound...my self included i was the maplins man lol,and for me i think to see that in action is fantastic,and im sure there is hundreads of members that came across this place in that way

And i don't think you can pigeon hole FB users like that tbh,every f****r is on there more or less lol
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2011 at 9:01am
As much as i would like to contribute to the Facebook page,i have a technical issue with it....whichever pc i use here,FB just slows them up to a complete crawl....FB was fine,up to around 4 months ago,when they changed the way photos were displayed,they use to be simple thumbnails,click to enlarge,but now the photos open in a black frame(java?),and take ages to load....if the album is around 50 photos or more,it completely freezes the pcs up.(tried it on four different pcs,allways same problem)....if anyone has any ideas,or solutions,i would love to hear...the problem only occurs with Facebook,no other sites.
Wacko
Be seeing you.
nuclearbass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuclearbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2011 at 9:04am
Originally posted by jbl_man jbl_man wrote:

As much as i would like to contribute to the Facebook page,i have a technical issue with it....whichever pc i use here,FB just slows them up to a complete crawl....FB was fine,up to around 4 months ago,when they changed the way photos were displayed,they use to be simple thumbnails,click to enlarge,but now the photos open in a black frame(java?),and take ages to load....if the album is around 50 photos or more,it completely freezes the pcs up.(tried it on four different pcs,allways same problem)....if anyone has any ideas,or solutions,i would love to hear...the problem only occurs with Facebook,no other sites.
Wacko

i found it was like this on i.e & google chrome..... i started to use fire fox and it works fine now
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>