Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Speakerplans Facebook page

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2011 at 12:46am
I'm not trying to deliberately piss anyone off or anything, but surly theirs no criteria as such to join the forum except to have a at least some interest in audio and any derivatives there of. I still run two soundlab double 12 miss, that doesn't mean I don't wish to upgrade and I know there not the best in the world but surely that doesn't mean I'm not allowed on this forum? And anyway, you don't have to join the fb group and you can just pretend it doesn't exist?
opus jody View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote opus jody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2011 at 10:20am
There's another forum I know, a much smaller one(maybe 50 regulars & a few hundred occasional posters, that had a FB page made for it, and in my opinion it's killed that forum.
don't get me wrong, the FB format is great, maybe too good, but riddled with associated problems.
I'll do FB & SP, but I wouldn't put them together. if you want SP, go to SP. if you want your friends/contacts, go to FB.
I'd vote 4D for admin, if he wants to, but he doesn't sound too keen on the idea.
Improvised Hardware Music http://vimeo.com/user9389813/videos
Nachural View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nachural Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2011 at 10:32am
Maybe I'm missing something but how does facebook enhance this forum? Is it relative to us ua all?
it's all just cardboard and magnets really
Muckerbarnes1 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muckerbarnes1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2011 at 10:58am
It must be Chris. Most of the posts on FB so far are from nuts like us. There are some great pics already and the tone is light hearted. Not technoanal. I see no reason why having fun should not include pics and a hearty larf. On SP that too difficult. On FB it's easy.

For those that don't like it... just don't use it. Simple.
Billy Dawg.
Nachural View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nachural Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2011 at 11:06am
Good point, I'll give it a go!
it's all just cardboard and magnets really
AUDIO HABIT View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AUDIO HABIT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2011 at 7:17am
anyone know what this gibberish is ???
https://www.facebook.com/fxstageproductions
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2011 at 8:22am
Spam Mike.Deleted now.Thumbs Up
Be seeing you.
norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2011 at 12:22pm
Quote There are some great pics already and the tone is light hearted. Not technoanal. I see no reason why having fun should not include pics and a hearty larf. On SP that too difficult. On FB it's easy.

See, I don't get why/how SP became this technoanal monster you describe.

My reason for joining originally was the banter, ribbing and general comedy alongside all the good technical stuff. When/how/why did this change (if it indeed has)?

I agree, pics posting is a PITA on SP (which FB does admirably) until you 'get with the programme' [imageshack/photobucket/etc]

My laser stuff: Frikkin Lasers
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AUDIO HABIT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2011 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by jbl_man jbl_man wrote:

Spam Mike.Deleted now.Thumbs Up

oh i see ,thanks
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AUDIO HABIT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2011 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by norty303 norty303 wrote:

Quote There are some great pics already and the tone is light hearted. Not technoanal. I see no reason why having fun should not include pics and a hearty larf. On SP that too difficult. On FB it's easy.

See, I don't get why/how SP became this technoanal monster you describe.

My reason for joining originally was the banter, ribbing and general comedy alongside all the good technical stuff. When/how/why did this change (if it indeed has)?

I agree, pics posting is a PITA on SP (which FB does admirably) until you 'get with the programme' [imageshack/photobucket/etc]

TBH i don't find it difficult to upload pics to sp,i just use photobucket and once you get your head round it is very simple as you say ,but a lot of other people do find it difficult,

But the face book page is not there as an attentive to sp its there as an extension,and it seemed like the right thing to do with all the new facebook links and stuff added to the site

but its doing ok with nearly 600 likes which it not huge but quite good i think,i have started uploading all the plans to the page and will finish them off when i get time ,as well as any other free plans i can find along the way ,i,ve just been a bit busy lately

And as the show off threads on here prove ,people love to show other people the setups, and if it can do that to people that wouldn't normally look at stuff like that ,then that's got to be a good thing
Muckerbarnes1 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muckerbarnes1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2011 at 6:23pm

"And as the show off threads on here prove ,people love to show other people the setups, and if it can do that to people that wouldn't normally look at stuff like that ,then that's got to be a good thing"

Yep, agree looking at pics of set-ups is in the blood, as is being seriously technical, but I do techno every day. Fb  will for certain be different, light hearted and IS easyier to upload pics. Of course I can use photobucket. ( doh!) It's just easier to post it straight in and not use a third party host.

Some great pics on Fb already, which are easier to collate and manage, yet alone to view.

Now then, back to the designs for the active ferromagnetic, active suspension drive unit we are creating.

Edited by Muckerbarnes1 - 03 June 2011 at 6:24pm
Billy Dawg.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AUDIO HABIT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2011 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by Muckerbarnes1 Muckerbarnes1 wrote:

"And as the show off threads on here prove ,people love to show other people the setups, and if it can do that to people that wouldn't normally look at stuff like that ,then that's got to be a good thing"

Yep, agree looking at pics of set-ups is in the blood, as is being seriously technical, but I do techno every day. Fb  will for certain be different, light hearted and IS easyier to upload pics. Of course I can use photobucket. ( doh!) It's just easier to post it straight in and not use a third party host.

Some great pics on Fb already, which are easier to collate and manage, yet alone to view.

Now then, back to the designs for the active ferromagnetic, active suspension drive unit we are creating.

oh i've made one of them!! took bloody ages ..we use a flux capacitor in the end to make the hypo drive function correctly,was good when finished though

Edited by AUDIO HABIT - 03 June 2011 at 8:48pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>