Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Speakerplans Facebook page

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muckerbarnes1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2011 at 9:18am
I don't get pc running slow issues with FB.

I used to get the odd issue with webwiz as we all did, like text dissapearing after writing. Other than that nothing.

The 'kids' here use FB. They have no issues either. If they did I would get to sort it out.

Iv'e read posts on here with FB issues. We get none of them. There are 6 PC's on our router. All are fine. Been on broadband here from day 1 available, over 10 years. Not one virous. Dunno what all you guys get wrong...Smile
Billy Dawg.
4D View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2011 at 11:05am
Sheesh I dont have enough hours in the day to visit sp & fb so why dilute the uniqueness of the sp when there is already pa of the day and dozens of other related pages on fb..
DMZ. "The bass was intense. Girls were literally running up to stand next to the subs"
rich21 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rich21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2011 at 7:01pm
Clap
Originally posted by 4D 4D wrote:

Sheesh I dont have enough hours in the day to visit sp & fb so why dilute the uniqueness of the sp when there is already pa of the day and dozens of other related pages on fb..
Clap

Edited by rich21 - 22 May 2011 at 7:02pm
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2011 at 8:21pm

+1
AUDIO HABIT View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AUDIO HABIT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2011 at 8:32pm
Originally posted by jbl_man jbl_man wrote:

As much as i would like to contribute to the Facebook page,i have a technical issue with it....whichever pci use here,FB just slows them up to a complete crawl....FB was fine,up to around 4 months ago,when they changed the way photos were displayed,they use to be simple thumbnails,click to enlarge,but now the photos open in a black frame(java?),and take ages to load....if the album is around 50 photos or more,it completely freezes the pcs up.(tried it on four different pcs,always same problem)....if anyone has any ideas,or solutions,i would love to hear...the problem only occurs with Facebook,no other sites.
Wacko

funny enough that just started happening to me ,it was totally unusable,even though it has always been fine,in the end i changed to firefox browser and its fine again,i was just using Internet explorer ...so i don't know if its fb or the browser Confused
https://www.facebook.com/fxstageproductions
asaa00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asaa00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2011 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by bruce bruce wrote:

Just slightly off topic but if any one is interested in the development of the Web Wiz Forums software used to power this forum setup a Facebook page for it a few weeks ago at:-

www.facebook.com/WebWiz

Could do with a few more likes on it Wink Especially now Google Rank websites on how many people follow websites in social media like Facebook.

I have some buttons that I have made to link to Speakerplans Feedburner RSS and Speakerplans Facebook that I will add to the forum over the weekend if I get 5 minutes.

dude is there any way we can see more posts per page when viewing a forum??????
asaa00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asaa00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2011 at 9:30pm
Originally posted by nuclearbass nuclearbass wrote:

As much as i would like to contribute to the Facebook page,i have a technical issue with it....whichever pc i use here,FB just slows them up to a complete crawl....FB was fine,up to around 4 months ago,when they changed the way photos were displayed,they use to be simple thumbnails,click to enlarge,but now the photos open in a black frame(java?),and take ages to load....if the album is around 50 photos or more,it completely freezes the pcs up.(tried it on four different pcs,allways same problem)....if anyone has any ideas,or solutions,i would love to hear...the problem only occurs with Facebook,no other sites.
Wacko

i found it was like this on i.e & google chrome..... i started to use fire fox and it works fine now

go update your java.  www.java.com

Friss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2011 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by AUDIO HABIT AUDIO HABIT wrote:

As much as i would like to contribute to the Facebook page,i have a technical issue with it....whichever pci use here,FB just slows them up to a complete crawl....FB was fine,up to around 4 months ago,when they changed the way photos were displayed,they use to be simple thumbnails,click to enlarge,but now the photos open in a black frame(java?),and take ages to load....if the album is around 50 photos or more,it completely freezes the pcs up.(tried it on four different pcs,always same problem)....if anyone has any ideas,or solutions,i would love to hear...the problem only occurs with Facebook,no other sites.
Wacko

funny enough that just started happening to me ,it was totally unusable,even though it has always been fine,in the end i changed to firefox browser and its fine again,i was just using Internet explorer ...so i don't know if its fb or the browser Confused

EDIT: Been corrected.  Or, rather, WRONGED.

Edited by Friss - 22 May 2011 at 9:53pm
asaa00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asaa00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2011 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by Friss Friss wrote:

Originally posted by AUDIO HABIT AUDIO HABIT wrote:

Wacko

I think some browsers and/or routers aren't so good with it because it keeps a constant connection open, 'cause we need to see what everyone's up to in real time...

erm.. in short.. no
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2011 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by asaa00 asaa00 wrote:

Originally posted by nuclearbass nuclearbass wrote:

As much as i would like to contribute to the Facebook page,i have a technical issue with it....whichever pc i use here,FB just slows them up to a complete crawl....FB was fine,up to around 4 months ago,when they changed the way photos were displayed,they use to be simple thumbnails,click to enlarge,but now the photos open in a black frame(java?),and take ages to load....if the album is around 50 photos or more,it completely freezes the pcs up.(tried it on four different pcs,allways same problem)....if anyone has any ideas,or solutions,i would love to hear...the problem only occurs with Facebook,no other sites.
Wacko

i found it was like this on i.e & google chrome..... i started to use fire fox and it works fine now

go update your java.  www.java.com

Java has nothing to do with javascript.
The Mole View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Mole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2011 at 2:11am
Originally posted by rich21 rich21 wrote:

Clap
Originally posted by 4D 4D wrote:

Clap
+10 ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap 

FacebookThumbs Down

Edited by The Mole - 23 May 2011 at 9:45am
nuclearbass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuclearbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2011 at 12:13am
I like facebook but think this needs to be kept away....its kinda like the magicians magic circle....putting it on facebook opens it up for people who arnt intrested but are just nosey.....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>