Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Ported Enclosures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Intrepid Sound's B&C sub 18 build pics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ali.T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Intrepid Sound's B&C sub 18 build pics
    Posted: 31 May 2011 at 4:15pm
basically decided to start a sound system, as you do :).
decided to keep it simple and build two 18's.
i'm 17 btw, so its not gonna be the best :P.

kit arrived, 2x fane 18XB

got wood? ;). 18mm MDF, at £13.50 each :D

marking.

holes for handles cut

starting to join together

shelf in

stuffing the badboy

finished :)

their home for now :).
yeah, i built two, but didn't see the point in posting double the amount of pictures :L. still need to get grills, but will post updates as i do them :D.
Also, i made this to help others, because i know it helped me when i as building mine, to look at others being built :)
Ryan94 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2011 at 4:28pm
Looks good! You will be very pleased with them, ive got two and they dont half put out some bass. Did you use any bracing?
mk2_ginger_biscuit69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2011 at 4:42pm
very nice build! wish my woodworking skills were that good when i was 17!

''Remember that the object of a subwoofer is to enhance the output of your main speakers, not overpower it''

''Dubstep - an elongated electronic fart''
Ali.T View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ali.T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2011 at 5:11pm
ryan, it was actually your thread i used as a guide, so thanks very much, it was greatly appreciated :D. nah, no bracing, was gonna put some 1x1 down the edges, but when i got the sides up, it felt secure :D. yet to get the amp, ive got the money just waiting for the cheque to clear :P, then i can get the feet and cables etc :).
Ginger biscuits- thanks very much :D. ive got my dad to blame for that, as much of an arse that he is, he's had me fixing things since i was like 7 and we've built a house since then. im fooking chuffed with them though :D
GekoMusic94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GekoMusic94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2011 at 5:16pm
Nice build mate! Clap
https://soundcloud.com/dj-uber
JDCutta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JDCutta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2011 at 5:25pm
Looking good, any idea on the simulated response for the fane 18xb in this cab mate?
Ali.T View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ali.T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2011 at 5:29pm
not a clue pal, yet to test them :)
Adam_Iron_Horse View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam_Iron_Horse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2011 at 5:32pm
A simulated response is made on a program called WinISD or HornResp Ali its how people design speakers.

:P

Ali.T View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ali.T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2011 at 5:36pm
meh, im down down with this whole malarky :)
Adam_Iron_Horse View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam_Iron_Horse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2011 at 6:11pm
had a quick go at simming it first attempt using bass box pro so dunno if i did it right...

mwalker0026 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mwalker0026 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2012 at 6:29pm
Hi am new to the building speaker and would like to attempt this design. Can u giver me the specs please.

Thanks

Mike
simonh View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simonh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2012 at 6:40pm
Mike - you will find the plans on the B&C web-site

http://www.bcspeakers.com/suggested.php?id=0000000008

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>