Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Feedback Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

martinson tham 15

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bcs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: martinson tham 15
    Posted: 27 June 2011 at 1:23pm
Hi all. just want to give feedback on the tham 15. I have 4 of them loaded with beyma 15g450n. used all of them for the first time this weekend. i ran them off a crown 3600 and a dcx. all i can say is "my god" . a couple of guys stood back and said "what the f**k.those boxes are so small for their sound they put out". i had more good comments for the tham15 than the 18 br i use to run. i think for the size of these boxes, its very impressive. on setup a guy asked if this is all the sound that being used. i think his mouth was shut when it was playing. i had a pair each side stacked one on top of the other with the port aligned. on that was a dual 12 with comp for mid highs.
thanks to martinson. great design
Joe Grime View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Grime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2011 at 4:27pm
+1
I also have 4 loaded with the B&C 100TBX's crossed over at 140 to meet the MT112. Sweet, with a very musical bassline.
kevinmcdonough View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevinmcdonough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2011 at 6:04pm
Smile

nice to hear this. I'm just in the process of sorting out a wee project with these, details and pics will come soon, but glad to hear I made the right choice! 

k
mrchay View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrchay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2011 at 8:42pm

Sorry to hijack,

Any thoughts as to how well this design will perform with the fane 15xb? Also, which of the 4(that i can see) possible tham5 plans did you use?

All the best,

Joe Grime View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Grime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2011 at 11:34pm
I used the mk1 version. There is a dip at 170/80 on all variants, but I am not running them that high. 
bcs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bcs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2011 at 7:02am
im also using the mk1 version. crossing mine at about 120hz.
mrchay View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrchay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2011 at 11:46am
Can you post a link to the mark 1 plan so I am certain I will be building the right thing? I will much prefer to build something that I know has been tried and tested (even though Im putting a different driver in it, at least I can always swap in future)
Joe Grime View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Grime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2011 at 12:18pm
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/subwoofers/175658-tham15-compact-15-tapped-horn.html
bcs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bcs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2011 at 3:49pm
I dont know how the mk2 or mk3 or even mk4 will sound. maby martinsson can shed some light on this. i plan on building another 2, and then use two stacks of 3 high with maby a xtro or mt112 above. sure this will sound even better.
tv00 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tv00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2012 at 3:34pm
As you probably noticed mkII is performing better than mkI!
 He put out some measurements on his homepage

Consider this:
I've been thinking about the exit mouth on mkII, I think this itself should be quite an improvement, I haven't tested myself, but generally basshorn perform better having an exit angle ABOVE 45 degrees.
Tony Wilkes View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Wilkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2012 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by tv00 tv00 wrote:

As you probably noticed mkII is performing better than mkI!
 He put out some measurements on his homepage

I could have read it wrong but were not the measurements carried out with different drivers in each version of the box, if so this negates direct comparison.

Tony
www.forteaudio.eu - BMS - db-Mark Processors - Lexon (SAE)
tv00 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tv00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2012 at 4:32pm
That's a bit silly, I can only say that the drivers look very much alike:

I'm curious about updates, he wrote this A YEAR AGO:
"The graphs (The MKII in blue, better will come) :"

We're stille waiting for the better! Any news?
I'm considering to build these, anyhow I think it's of great interest to a lot of people building these.
Are any of you a friend of Martinsson, then you could ask him?

The mouth expansion part is interesting, is it a gain just to put in that board?
I guess so according to Bjørn Kolbrek & measurements i read about somewhere.
What do i know, I think i read about the horn in this build being linear and not exponential is it so?

Edited by tv00 - 09 January 2012 at 4:34pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>