Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Electro Frying Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

tascam x15

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gonzo-4-bidden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: tascam x15
    Posted: 30 June 2011 at 10:03pm
hi guys, i used a tascam x15 on a petrol genny and i think i might have blown it, it wont power on and when i disconnect the lead the l,e,d, flickers once, any ideas?? ive checked the fuse on the plug and thats all i kno about really,

please help
imageoven View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imageoven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2011 at 1:01am
If LEDs are flickering there's some power getting in, so it's not a main fuse, if you don't know your AC from your DC, it's probably a job for a pro.

Thats a mixer with a seperate PSU right? first check you're using the right one (so obvious a lot of people don't think about it if the plug fits in the hole). If it is the right one and you can use a multimeter, you can check the output of the PSU.

These things often have voltage regulators in them which can get fried, this could be a cheap fix for  someone who knows their stuff, but it could be lots of other things as well.
Keep pushing on, things are gonna get better.
Gonzo-4-bidden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gonzo-4-bidden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2011 at 2:44pm
yes its the ps-p17x psu, which matches the mixer, off to grandads ithink to get the multimeter and some wisdom me thinks, and a tail between my legs to show my uncle what i did to the mixer he gave me,Ouch , he knows his leccy stuff!
 thank you image ovenThumbs Up
WANTED usb drivers, avc2
Gonzo-4-bidden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gonzo-4-bidden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2011 at 8:45pm
ok so, the psu has 18v approx with no load, it should be 17v, but apparently with no load it will be a bit higher so thats ok, inside he psu is two fuses and a transformer nothing else, using the multimeter theere is current thru the push switch but thats as far as we can get,, anyone have any more ieas? im gonna search for a wiring diagram, no one with one of these has one by any chance???

starts the search......
WANTED usb drivers, avc2
 Post Reply Post Reply