Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - First attempt of TD Class on LecoAmp above 100Vrms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

First attempt of TD Class on LecoAmp above 100Vrms

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DjLeco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: First attempt of TD Class on LecoAmp above 100Vrms
    Posted: 02 July 2011 at 1:22pm
After studying and studying, Yamaha and Labgruppen TD amplifiers schematics, I decided to give a try to implementate something on mine AB class amplifier.

So I go to the Yamaha's Eee schematics (autooscilant) and extracted what I need for implementation to see if it works.

Yamaha uses on each rail +Vcc and -Vcc ,3 pairs of transistors in voltage amplifier (2SA1492A +2SC3856A) ,I used just one pair of MJL21195+MJL21196 , and 3 pairs of mosfets in current amplifier (2SK3004), I used one pair of IXTQ52N30P (very fast and small gate charge mosfet)in tests.

Officially Yamaha's use +/- 155Vcc in idle and in load, the supply falls down till around +/- 110Vdc, they use a very small power supply SMPS, but that's not important.

After tests and tests , starting from +/- 110Vdc, I pushed far to +/- 170Vcc  Exclamation in idle(+/- 165Vcc in full load), because mine SMPS is with PFC, and drops just 10 Volts (+5 -5 on each rail) from idle to full load, and I have obtained what U can see in the movies.

Don't laugh about "spider" connection of SMPS and TD part, just take couple minutes of your life and watch the small movies on youtube.

Comments are very appreciated and welcomed, expecially about output power!

Next week I will give a try, to implement modulate TD like Labgruppen, at 250Khz and 500Khz too, because on autooscilant Yahana TD Design, I hear sounds in coils, and gives small switching artefacts, more visible at 1000Hz.

I obtained 109-110Vrms on 4 ohm dummy load, and trying into clip, smps has shut down (I have calibrate protection to act at around 3400-3500W)

Edited by DjLeco - 03 July 2011 at 3:11am
I'm A Stupid SMART Romanian...
DjLeco View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DjLeco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2011 at 6:41pm
50+ views and no one comment?

Please comment about power, or anything
fredos666 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fredos666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2011 at 12:47am
Very nice, but clean your workplace! It's dangerous to work with so much stuff that can make a short...3000W into 4 ohms is nice! Can you send me schematics on the yamaha self oscilating tracking supply?

Thanks

Fredos

DjLeco View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DjLeco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2011 at 1:34am
I like a little mess on my workplace.

The amplifier have shortcircuit protection, nothing to fear...

Mail sent.

Also I'm a little interested avout your classD amp with groundbridge topology, maybe U can send me some schematics.
ceharden View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceharden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2011 at 8:48pm
Very interesting.  I was going to give the self-oscillating rail tracking a go a while ago but I couldn't get simulations to work so I lost interest and have never gone back to it.  Maybe one day I'll have another try.
DjLeco View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DjLeco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2011 at 10:21pm
Is very nice sollution implemented in FP13000 Lab.

But is an integrated circuit, or even an small module, who takes a fragment of emmiter resistors of output devices, and give at his out out, directly PWM+analog signal for optocoupler wich commands switching devices..

If someone knows part list, let me know, I want to know wich circuit is on U6 PWMPATD and U5 PWMNATD of A50TD module...

Or if someone has inside pictures of it...

Edited by DjLeco - 03 July 2011 at 10:22pm
fredos666 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fredos666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2011 at 6:21pm
Did you get schematics of labgruppen Mr DjLeco?
DjLeco View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DjLeco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2011 at 10:44am
The P5000-P7000, I have it deja...

I'm interesed if anyone can decript, what's in driver module of A25TD14 amplifier, called PWMPATD (U6) and PWMNATD (U5) custom module.
fredos666 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fredos666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2011 at 10:44pm
Sent you by email my version...Up to you to post it if you want! :) Not as powerfull, but...
DjLeco View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DjLeco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2011 at 8:09pm
Interesing procedure, but is not like an TD, but ideea can be developed.

Sorry for not answering to mail, but bad internet connection(alot of waiting for page loading)
Now I'm working to definitivate SMPS project, after finishing, I will contiune to develop the TD class on mine module.

Keep close and success to all in your projects.
fredos666 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fredos666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2011 at 9:19pm
Idea was just to ''assist'' output device with a switching converter...The good thing is that the analogue amp will never see any difference between 16 ohms load and a 2 ohms load. Current limiting could be easily done at switching stage. I think this could be more efficient and more simple than a TD design. This is based on the eeengine of yamaha, good idea, but badly implemented in their design!

Post Reply Post Reply