Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ebay dreamers...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 187188189190191 204>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2019 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by imageoven imageoven wrote:

Running on dashboard shine?

Yup - but I imagine that it could work with other products:-

LOL

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
studio45 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote studio45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2019 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by djgorey djgorey wrote:

Spotted this tonight as I was looking for some new cdjs. I’m a Denon fan, but £1,000?!

Ahahaaaaa that is my local excuse for a 2nd hand music shop! There are some CORKING deals in there, if you've got more money than sense....I once caught them out selling a used Matrix UKP2100 for £100 more than its original new sale price, which I confirmed by contacting Andy Matrix on here LOL
Studio45 - Repairs & Building Commotion Soundsystem -Mobile PA
djgorey View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djgorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2019 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by studio45 studio45 wrote:

I once caught them out selling a used Matrix UKP2100 for £100 more than its original new sale price, which I confirmed by contacting Andy Matrix on here LOL

Seems that’s a habit for them: Used Denon MCX8000 for £1,100 when for £40 more you can have a brand new one from a good shop with warranty and support. 

Gaffa tape is like the force in Star Wars - there's a dark side and a light side and it holds the universe together
MattStolton View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattStolton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2019 at 8:23pm

The woodwork does look nice, but may have a couple of acoustic issues?
Matt Stolton - Technical Director (!!!) - Wilding Sound Ltd
"Sparkius metiretur vestra" - "Meter Your Mains"
njw View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2019 at 9:49pm
Originally posted by MattStolton MattStolton wrote:

The woodwork does look nice, but may have a couple of acoustic issues?

Put it on it's side and you've a got a nice reggae tweeter box there! Although the plastic screwhead covers on the side reminds me of some 90's chip board flat pack furniture from Argos...
JonB67 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonB67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2019 at 11:36pm
Thats a lot of tweeters for one 8 inch mid!
djeddie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djeddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2019 at 10:35am
Surely if you make "bespoke furniture" you can do better than screws through the side with plastic caps on!
Chas n Dave : it's like Drum and Bass but with beards.             E=mc² ±3dB
BJtheDJ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BJtheDJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2019 at 2:16am
If your vaccinations were mandatory and nobody in your class had measles,
then you know that you're not a Millenial kid.
</f
James Tengo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Tengo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2019 at 7:48am
Look like they are, why would you think not? 4560 BKA version. 
Robbo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2019 at 9:05am
Daft as it may seem, that probably is a genuine original JBL 4560 cabinet as the really old original cabinets were designed and built in that configuration with that style of porting and not like the uniform 4 port boxes that we are used to in the UK.
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2019 at 9:37am
It even has the removable top panel to allow for the fitting of the 2345 horn, definately a genuine factory cabinet.  Not bad condition either, considering it's 40 years old. Probably came out of an old cinema/theatre.

Edit...by the way, i have often seen the little mesh grills added over the ports on cinema cabs , to prevent rodents nesting in them!

Edited by jbl_man - 28 September 2019 at 9:53am
Be seeing you.
BJtheDJ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BJtheDJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2019 at 10:54am
Dammit.  Thought for usre that it was a weird one. Ouch
Don't like it cosmetically, but always usedto love their sound when I used them, but mine were Mega copies.

If your vaccinations were mandatory and nobody in your class had measles,
then you know that you're not a Millenial kid.
</f
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 187188189190191 204>