Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ebay dreamers...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 198199200201202 204>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonB67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2020 at 8:46am
Thats eye watering. How much are they new? Are they coated in crushed jade or something?
njw View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2020 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by jbl_man jbl_man wrote:

Here's a good one.....almost 5 grand for a pair of second hand 2x18's? Not even in good condition,dings and chips all over.  What kind of idiot pays that for a simple reflex box with some purple paint slapped on it? LOL

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FUNKTION-ONE-BR218-BASS-REFLEX-RANGE-LOUDSPEAKERS-SPEAKERS/233683782897?hash=item3668a38cf1:g:XYIAAOSwAmJcG6O~

You can buy a brand new pair of Martin Audio WS218x and have change for that. Or a second hand pair and an amp to power them. I know the above sellers prices are mental anyway but (and I'm sure I'll get flamed for this!) I've always thought that Funktion One is overpriced and over-hyped for what it is.
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2020 at 3:14pm
No,i completely agree NJW. If they are almost £5000 second hand,God knows how much they are new?  I did try to search a price,but no-one is daft enough to post it online, for fear of redicule i bet.
Be seeing you.
APC321 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APC321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2020 at 2:03pm
NJW says:

"I've always thought that Funktion One is overpriced and over-hyped for what it is".

This reminds me of Hans Christian Anderson's story published in 1837 called "The Emperor’s New Clothes".

I have copied below the description and interpretation of this story, which I obtained from website called "The Phrases Finder".

I think that the "moral" of the story could perhaps apply to Funktion One.

"Anderson's tale involves a vain king who was preoccupied with his appearance and his wardrobe. A pair of swindlers took advantage of this by pretending to be able to weave the finest cloth, which couldn't be seen by people who were either unfit for office or were particularly stupid. The king decided to have a suit of clothes made from the fabric in order to test which of his courtiers was unfit for office. As he didn't want to appear stupid or unfit for rule himself, he pretended to be able to see the new clothes, as did all of his courtiers. He paraded the 'new clothes' through the streets and the onlookers, also not wishing to appear stupid, all admired them. A small child, who didn't understand the apparent necessity for pretence, piped up 'But he has nothing on!'. The bubble of pretence burst and soon all the onlookers were repeating what the child had said, whilst the king continued the procession, attempting to maintain his dignity by pretending that nothing had happened.

So, the meaning of the expression is clear from the story. It is used in contexts where people are widely acclaimed and admired but where others question whether what they have created is of any value. Modern-day examples might be the highly priced work of conceptual artists or the more avant-guard products of fashion designers."

Edited by APC321 - 06 September 2020 at 4:24pm
jazomir View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazomir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2020 at 6:22pm
We know a song about this, don't we, boys and girls.

For sidefills, can we have two enormous things of a type that might be venerated as Gods by the inhabitants of Easter Island, capable of reaching volumes that would make Beelzebub soil his pants.
midas View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote midas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2020 at 10:48pm
Someone's dreaming....looks like the shop in Nuneaton has some competition...

Edited by midas - 18 September 2020 at 10:48pm
In bass no one can hear you scream!
midas View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote midas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2020 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by APC321 APC321 wrote:

Originally posted by jbl_man jbl_man wrote:

Here's a good one.....almost 5 grand for a pair of second hand 2x18's? Not even in good condition,dings and chips all over.  What kind of idiot pays that for a simple reflex box with some purple paint slapped on it? LOL

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FUNKTION-ONE-BR218-BASS-REFLEX-RANGE-LOUDSPEAKERS-SPEAKERS/233683782897?hash=item3668a38cf1:g:XYIAAOSwAmJcG6O~

..well it does look like GDS who are selling them.

Well, at least they have a photo and the name plate on the back unlike some of the f218's they have sold.

Edited by midas - 18 September 2020 at 10:54pm
In bass no one can hear you scream!
Sonic the hedge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sonic the hedge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2020 at 11:12pm
Think the Emperor’s New Clothes reference is a little unfair...?

F1 do at least make some decent speakers, so it's not complete vapourwear, even if it doesn't always live up to all the hype!

Edited by Sonic the hedge - 18 September 2020 at 11:13pm
doller View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2020 at 12:06pm
pair of Nexo ts2400 for 7 quid and no takers. Junk I know but still.
hope the link works.
mk2_ginger_biscuit69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2020 at 9:16pm
''Remember that the object of a subwoofer is to enhance the output of your main speakers, not overpower it''

''Dubstep - an elongated electronic fart''
imageoven View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imageoven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2020 at 12:44am
***do not overload these,..if in doubt e-mail reggy!!

Wacko

Edited by imageoven - 22 November 2020 at 12:47am
Keep pushing on, things are gonna get better.
APC321 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APC321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2021 at 5:54pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 198199200201202 204>