Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ebay dreamers...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 204>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plaguesguitarist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ebay dreamers...
    Posted: 07 July 2011 at 3:16pm
This is a repository for the dave doubledecks DJ's that try and peddle their rigs for ridiculoualy more cash more than it's worth.  Seen a few in the worst rigs thread but i though it's time to have a dedicated one...

Ok so the speakers aren't the worst, but £4000?

Edited by Plaguesguitarist - 07 July 2011 at 3:17pm
Why did the lampy cross the road?

To steal MY sharpie.
jamie95 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamie95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2011 at 3:29pm
there is alot of money worth of gear there
mk2_ginger_biscuit69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2011 at 3:42pm
isnt that bad, theres a lot of respectable disco gear in that listing (note disco, not pro lol), for the job thats a perfect little rig!!
''Remember that the object of a subwoofer is to enhance the output of your main speakers, not overpower it''

''Dubstep - an elongated electronic fart''
lickweed View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lickweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2011 at 3:43pm
way,waaaay to much
http://www.liquidsound.co.uk/
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2011 at 3:56pm
meant to say £4grand is pushing it, but as a disco rig isnt bad at all. Shame about the rediculous EQ!
''Remember that the object of a subwoofer is to enhance the output of your main speakers, not overpower it''

teslaman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teslaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2011 at 4:06pm
"Cow Boy" Amp, I almost wet myself reading that LOL
"Giddyup!"
jamie95 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamie95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2011 at 6:36pm
them scanners are worth alot of money tho
Plaguesguitarist View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plaguesguitarist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2011 at 11:12am
That was my point.  Not necessarily just bad rigs for this thread but just those with inflated hopes of selling them at silly prices...

:D

To steal MY sharpie.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2011 at 1:06pm
jamie is probably the seller/mate of considering his new membership and only praise for it...

Most the lights there are only worth around £30-60 a piece - they might cost lots new, but scanners arnt cool any more since moving heads, so even the topend pro models sell for next to nothing, goboflowers have never been worth lots used especially now LED units are taking over the disco light market.

even at over £60 per unit thats only £1000 worth of lighting, currently eliminator system would be worth the region of £500 if lucky, throw in all the hardware like stands computer etc, and you might be lucky to get around £2000 for it all.

Its currently a buyers market, selling gear is always a massive loss anyway, in bulk will only get the rough price for the items minus hardware, cables never really factor into selling prices, new prices dont really relate. Not many people have thousands of pounds lying around, the few that do have so much choice of what to buy that they can pick a stonking deal from someone desperate. This in turn lowers all disco 'packages'.

Best bet is to either reduce the total price a lot, or sell it as seperate items - will soon realise the real value of kit.

jamie95 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamie95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2011 at 3:46pm
(mk2_gingerbiscuit6)

im not the sell ahah i wouldnt own that,or his mate,

i just was mainly thinking about if they were new, and the  prices they would of been i forgot to take in that there like 10 years old and now led lights are moving up in the world

Plaguesguitarist View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plaguesguitarist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2011 at 1:58pm

No.2 in the series

Ideal for any venue Doncherknow.

Presumably it's good enough Wembley arena or the 02 then.

To steal MY sharpie.
hmaudio View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote hmaudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2011 at 3:06pm
this guys just around the corner from me, anyone wanna donate (or we could all chip in) 500quid and il go round and burn the lot in front of his house? il video it for you viewing pleasure Cool
Nottingham based cab builder. https://www.facebook.com/HMAudio-154352667920145/?ref=bookmarks
This account is used by 2 people.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 204>