Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

THAM 15 - Touring Version! (and matching top)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2011 at 12:05pm
no sin from genuine pride.thanks for the design!
all that glitters is not gold
kevinmcdonough View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevinmcdonough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2011 at 9:48pm
hey all

Busy busy couple of days with various gigs and stuff, just finished a wee power nap to help recover although looking forward VERY much to a proper sleep tonight!  Tongue

Will be back to the build tomorrow if the weather gets better (although unfortunatly its a bit wet now and I suspect it'll carry over till tomorrow Confused) but just to answer a few points since I was last on.

Stack comes in something like 2.3m all in, top is just short of 80cm tall.  While the HF obviously isn't right up at the very top of the 2.3m its a few cm down, its still up high enough that for the type of gigs this system will be used for   (live music in anything from 100 person wee halls and pubs up to maybe 300 or 400 people or so) it should be just high enough to be getting over most people's heads (lol dont know may people 7 feet tall myself! Tongue)

I could have went slightly taller but then would have started to run into possible trouble with ceiling heights in some of the smallest venues.

For stuff bigger than this or where there is a lot of throw involved have access to a big nexo alpha system at VERY reasonable prices (Tongue) which is good to cover up to 1000 people or so and then after that I can get decent hire and crew prices for as much MICA as I could ever use!

And Martinsson don't be silly, nothing wrong at all with being proud of your work! 

k

4AC View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4AC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2011 at 9:14pm
update please?
uǝɿɿɐʌǝ6ɯo sı ʇsʞǝʇ ǝzǝp
wafflesomd View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wafflesomd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2011 at 3:49pm
Yes an update is wanted.  Really nice design.  

Currently building eight regular tham15's.  Putting them below some dynacord fx12 copies.  

Posting pics soon ; )
idzard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2011 at 4:55pm
This is a very nice stack!
Waiting for the CNC packages! Clap
kevinmcdonough View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevinmcdonough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2011 at 9:21pm
hey

lol yeah sorry guys, been really busy with various work, held back by some crappy weather, and a hundred other distractions!

They're ticking along though and will post some proper updates soon :-)

k
lukelucas93 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lukelucas93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2011 at 11:05pm
Looking forward to see these updates !
Noodles, Cabs and Booze - Student life
t.geessounds View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t.geessounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2011 at 3:22am
sorry for hijack this post but can the celestion frontline 2 work in the than 15???
38HzQ2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 38HzQ2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2011 at 9:54am
sim it. all the info is there on martinsson's site.
davey t View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davey t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2011 at 11:49am
How do you find the efficiency of the THAM15? I've been searching for info on this but can't find any. I tried a similar TH folding for an 18" a few years back and gave it up because it didn't give any efficiency gain over a simmilar sized reflex. Mind you I was using a driver with a low 95db efficiency to start off with. 
Minirig portable soundsystem movement
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2011 at 12:10pm
Davey, TH does not offer a huge gain but you get lower extension over a BR box. No 15 inch can go under 40Hz with much spl in a BR box. Not many of them anyway.
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
Tony Wilkes View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Wilkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2011 at 1:39pm
As Marjan has said you get the gain at the bottom end. I reckon that at the low end my Tham's were producing around 5db more than the same driver in a compact reflex box (15N830v2 in 80L tuned 42hz).

We also did some tests on an 18" driver (18N850v2) in a 140 reflex tuned to 32hz and then in my version of a 18" tapped horn. Again the gain was about 5db in the 35-60hz region.

Strangely enough we also (4 listeners) thought that the tapped was punchier with more slam, this was a big surprise.

Tony

Edited by Tony Wilkes - 02 September 2011 at 1:40pm
www.forteaudio.eu - BMS - db-Mark Processors - Lexon (SAE)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>