Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Computer Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sky broadband support lol

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lukehaze1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2011 at 10:38am
I have a had a few problems with my sky broadband latley... went out for 6 hours the otherday
andycw View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andycw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2011 at 2:31pm
You should try Plusnet support then...We were on a what I think was an unlimited package, rang them up to say we had slow speed (200-500kbps since 06)!!! said we had to change to a new current package and they would put us on a suitable one...changed us to a 10GB limit one but that's not suitable for anything! Past 4 months we have gone over by 40/50GB.. USELESS. And they wont change our package! 

Edited by andycw - 03 December 2011 at 2:31pm
burningbush View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burningbush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2011 at 3:13pm
I refuse to deal with BT after all their scams and dodges.  Even if someone is more expensive, I gladly go with them rather than risk being without for days if not weeks.  It is a great joy not to have to deal with either their support, billing or their bloody customer surveys.
music is the message
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2011 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by djeddie djeddie wrote:

I just love the BT helpline that says, "If you're having problems with your internet connection please check our website for common connection problems".

Oh the fun i have had with BT broadband support phone line in....of course situated in India....

"now tell me please i am wanting to be knowing if you are plugging router into another power socket"

me...."does that make a difference?"

"yes we are wanting to be seeing if power supply is better in another room"

me...."so the mains voltage varies from one room to another does it?"

"well we are wanting to be trying this please"

me...."ok,done,its still the same."

"now can you be undoing to BT socket from the wall and pluging router into BT test socket please"

me....i havnt got a flat blade screwdriver handy."

"well we are needing the router to be pluged into test socket"

etc etc etc.

After half an hour of sillyness......................

"it is appearing as might be fault on phone line,am passing infomation to BT openreach engineer"

ZZZZZZZzzzzzzz
Be seeing you.
The Builder View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Builder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2011 at 4:33pm
Known Netgear fault on the ones Sky sent out a few years ago.
Have many in the boot. 12v 1a
It just is.
burningbush View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burningbush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2011 at 10:05pm
Got visions of you in a Granada with a boot full of various power suppliesLOL
music is the message
The Builder View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Builder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2011 at 10:28pm
LOL Granada would be nice, the amount I have had and sold.

Nope, its a Rover 75 with a boot full of IT stuff.
It just is.
djeddie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djeddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2011 at 11:59pm
Originally posted by jbl_man jbl_man wrote:

Originally posted by djeddie djeddie wrote:

I just love the BT helpline that says, "If you're having problems with your internet connection please check our website for common connection problems".

Oh the fun i have had with BT broadband support phone line in....of course situated in India....

"now tell me please i am wanting to be knowing if you are plugging router into another power socket"

me...."does that make a difference?"

"yes we are wanting to be seeing if power supply is better in another room"

me...."so the mains voltage varies from one room to another does it?"

"well we are wanting to be trying this please"

me...."ok,done,its still the same."

"now can you be undoing to BT socket from the wall and pluging router into BT test socket please"

me....i havnt got a flat blade screwdriver handy."

"well we are needing the router to be pluged into test socket"

etc etc etc.

After half an hour of sillyness......................

"it is appearing as might be fault on phone line,am passing infomation to BT openreach engineer"

ZZZZZZZzzzzzzz

Love it Ian, but you've got to play the game with them... it goes something like this ->
every time they ask you to do something you have to let your voice get more and more excited as you say "ooh, it looks like it's... yep, it's doing something... I think it's working" (etc etc) and as soon as they start to get excitement in their voice and ask "Is it working now?" you have to reply "oh no sorry, I thought it was, but it's still the same".
Or words to that effect. My record so far is seven times.

Does it show I speak to the BT (un) help department a lot?
Chas n Dave : it's like Drum and Bass but with beards.             E=mc² ±3dB
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12