Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > X1
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 4 X1s.. so how much of everything else do I need?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

4 X1s.. so how much of everything else do I need?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 4 X1s.. so how much of everything else do I need?
    Posted: 03 July 2006 at 4:19pm
Hi All,

Just started construction on 3 more X1s (so that will be 4 in total)...

I'm sort of picturing the final configuration to be :

4 x X1s
8 x HD15s
4 x X12s

Is that reasonable? Anyone else have a simlier system (if so, how does it sound? How many people can it handle at reasonable volume levels? 600/800???)

Cheers,

Adam.
ceharden View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceharden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2006 at 5:36pm
I think you're heading along the right lines.  About what I've got in mind albeit with my own designs of cabs.  The X12 as-is is a good design but I think can be improved on.  Probably about right with the estimate for people, providing you don't need it obscenely loud.  Depends more on the size and shape of the venue than number of people in many cases.

How does it sound is a difficult question.  I haven't built any of the Speakerplans designs exactly to the plans but I can be fairly sure if you choose good drivers, build the cabs well and spend the time to set it up properly then you shouldn't be dissapointed with the resulting sound.
Dom View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2006 at 7:58pm
I currently have 4 X1, 8 HD15 and horn loaded mid tops.  Currently building 4 more HD15 which I reckon will be the right balance, sticking the HD15s in 6's and crossing low to the X1s. 

The tops will be the deciding factor on how big a crowd you can to play to more than the bass.
"It sounded like a million fire engines chasing ten million ambulances through a war zone and it was played at a volume that made the empty chair beside me bleed."
adambomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2006 at 8:15pm
Hi, thanks for the replys...

Glad to know I'm on the right lines,

Dom, which horn loaded mid/ tops are you using? MT102 /MT122??

All help very much Appreciated!

Edited by adambomb - 04 July 2006 at 8:16pm
 Post Reply Post Reply