FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Void Incubus

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 21>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
mykey- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Void Incubus
    Posted: 12 May 2012 at 8:19am
not 100% sure but I think it's sold as a 4 stack system (turnkey) for £100,000.00 
waurma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waurma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2012 at 11:49pm
Originally posted by Ras Loud Ras Loud wrote:

Originally posted by Autograff Autograff wrote:

LOLIm still trying to convince a friend/venue owner to buy 2 stacks of this

Just buy one for your living room. Smile

Have they announced a price per stack yet?
Ras Loud View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ras Loud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2012 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by Autograff Autograff wrote:

Just buy one for your living room. Smile
Autograff View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Autograff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2012 at 2:03pm
Edd Jordan View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edd Jordan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2012 at 1:52pm
Thats kinda what i was saying in the last post. ur right the head room is huge. and i feel that is how it could, if it is good as i think it going to be. how it will deliver excellent clarity.

As regards to festivals. Just ratchet strap the whole thing into one lump at the warehouse pick up with a HIAB stick on truck. get to filed take off with HIAB done. might chip a finger nail. Big smile
I do a sideline in ply wood wheels.
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2012 at 11:15am
Hardly easier than a line array or point source made of 'building blocks', if you look at the spec sheet the lightest bits of the stack are over 120Kg! Sod moving it about with no handles or castors too.

Just because it can go really, really loud doesn't mean it has to be run that hard. Headroom is a lovely thing, eh?
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edd Jordan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2012 at 8:37am
I would have thought there must be underground clubs (as in under the ground) that you could run it up to its full potential. 140 to 150spl so about the level of standing at the end of a runway with a sr71 blackbird taking off over head. Ermm

Never seen the point in going to listen to a gig and having to put in ear plugs. that to me is like going to look at a fine artists work with frosted glasses on. but im sure that all that potential power is for fidelity and ease of delivery. im sure its great when its firing on all cylinders to deliver fatigue free sound at high levels. 

iv had a look around and cant find any info on a install.Embarrassed   
is this purely a install system or could we see it at some festivals this year. 2 stacks of this in a field would be an awesome sight! and may be easier than massive stacks of line array and other systems to setup?

any news on a install i will keep my eyes peeled and ears!   
mykey- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2012 at 4:27am
would be nice......but what would be the point if you couldn't turn it up

don't know what the limits are in the UK now, but this is a 140-150 + system?
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edd Jordan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2012 at 10:00pm
dont know if this has been covered yet but has one of these systems been sold and installed in the uk yet and if so where? im going to check it out.
Teunos View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teunos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2012 at 9:29pm
sorry, didn't read the topic back, had been posted before.

Edited by Teunos - 31 March 2012 at 9:39pm
Best regards,
Teun.
Spartan Audio View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spartan Audio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2012 at 6:52pm
It's essentially the hf array from two arcline 6's. So just read the arcline paper and you'll get Rog's points on the subject.
http://www.spartanaudio.co.uk
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2012 at 4:41pm
I assumed that the similarity of the Air Array to the sneak shot of the Trinity line array top is what Rog is alluding to with that comment - it was originally a design for a line array, but has been applied in a point source configuration.

With regards to the sub design, SPL isn't everything. This is designed to be a fixed install stack with drivers playing relatively narrow passbands. The sub is likely to only run 30-80, so what Kevin is saying is that there's no need to do any horn loading as per the X cabinets to play above that. That just frees it up to put all of the driver's energy into the ported part of the enclosure design, and build a bandpass only box rather than a front loaded horn/bandpass hybrid.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 21>