Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Void Incubus

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 21>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ermita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2012 at 8:31am
Mykey, I still think this is pretty. I think it will not be as loud as the others but definitely will sound cleaner because of its enclosure?Confused

Sublime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sublime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2012 at 8:47am
Originally posted by ermita ermita wrote:

Originally posted by Sublime Sublime wrote:

Is it only me who thinks that aesthetically the have the mid/top the wrong way round?

Now were talking Transformers here.Big smile

I really can't see the resembelence myself lol......

Void speakers, transformers in disguise !
www.sublimeaudio.co.uk
Spartan Audio View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spartan Audio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2012 at 11:28am
Originally posted by AUDIO HABIT AUDIO HABIT wrote:

...all the void I have heard never seem to have that top end sparkle

Ever heard an arcline system properly configured?
http://www.spartanaudio.co.uk
lukam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lukam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2012 at 11:44am
Rog running around like a kid LOL almost dancing Thumbs Up

AUDIO HABIT View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AUDIO HABIT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2012 at 12:01pm
No,..i have listend to stastys,inpulse,primes in there top box prouducts,..and although great,just not to my taste at the top end,everything else is wicked,..bass,kick,mid,...its probably just me tbh,but I love that hifi sound and also enjoy good top end as much as bass,there prob never crossed high enought for me thats all

But still look forward to hearing tbe rest of the range like arcline,what is doing top end in these?,and I wonder if they are used in this dance stack
https://www.facebook.com/fxstageproductions
AUDIO HABIT View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AUDIO HABIT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2012 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by lukam lukam wrote:

Rog running around like a kid LOL almost dancing Thumbs Up

What show is this,no one seems to take any notice ..espesh when the bass kicks in,you would think a few faces move or something ,

but as far as you can tell from a youtube vid,it sounds fantastic

Edited by AUDIO HABIT - 22 March 2012 at 12:09pm
https://www.facebook.com/fxstageproductions
wires View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wires Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2012 at 12:10pm
tbh i really didn't get the look of the new void system, but it's definitely growing on me. In a chic club i think it will need highlighting with lights and it will make a big visual impact.

I love the F1 dance stack look - crisp and clean but does looks old hat, having said that they now use f221s in one config and it does bring it up to date. I'm still a sucker for the Martin dancestack...

Now i think Tony should design an ASS one... lol
ermita View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ermita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2012 at 1:32pm
6x21"Thumbs Up...............not sure what people looking at the backConfused.

will_i_am View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote will_i_am Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2012 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by ermita ermita wrote:

6x21"Thumbs Up...............not sure what people looking at the backConfused.

Bet its barely ticking over!

amps i would have thought...
ermita View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ermita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2012 at 2:15pm
^^^from Youtube description.

Void Incubus stack @Prolight + Sound Frankfurt 2012. Incredibely loud and clear and with only a small amount of power (infinite x amps, not V2, and only 220V 16A available)

Subs are 3x21" each (2pc) and can handle 6000w rms each
Kicks are 4x15" each (2pc) and can handle 4000w rms each
Top is 4x12" + 4x3" compression driver + 6x1" compression driver and can handle 3600+1000+480w rms. 
Complete systeme go down top 29hz (-3db) and 26khz (-3db)
Ibex View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ibex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2012 at 7:30pm
Wow, amazing design!!! I love it!

A few thoughts I want to share with you, although you all seem to be not interested...
I don't want to question Rog's design skills, but I'm wondering why he hasn't implemented his "X" multiple resonant chamber technology in his latest products like the Arcline VLF and Incubus Sub?
Is it now possible to archive similar output witout a series tuned chamber alignment and the "X" isn't necessary any more? (cutoff/sensitivity of trinity x and incubus sub are almost the same)

btw., the Incubus Sub and Trinity X are the same size for each 21inch driver and the Hyperfold offers a 15" driver the same volume like a HD15, basicly the frontage/mouth area of the new Incubus system cabs are smaller in comparison to 4xHD15 respectively 3xTrinityX.
So, what do you think where are the advantages/disadvantages? Why no series tuned chambers? Why BPH instead of a 1.6m long horn path? Why less mouth sizes?
Referring to the Incubus Air Array: Looks mean, indeed!!!
...though very similar to the Trintiy LA design studie posted on the 1st page.
What do you think how would 2x MLA or Flashline elements compare to the Air Array? Does it realy have so much more sensitivity and max SPL then other similar sized competitors?

...and it would be nice if you guys would reply on my posts!
nineleaves View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nineleaves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2012 at 8:10pm
ibex, same reason that people (usually) dont build cars by bolting a diffrent top body on the same chassis and adding or removing afew engine cylinders ;) ..different (or slightly varied) approaches better fit different intended applications.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 21>