Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DIY Dance stack

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nomercy82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DIY Dance stack
    Posted: 21 September 2011 at 7:08pm
From the plans available on the internet. Which would make the best Dance stack? (Large visually imposing stack of speakers) I was thinking 2 G subs per stack with a barn door extension, and either a dual X215 ( an X 15 extended to fit 2 15's inside it) And Some sort of constant directitivity horns array.  All Active.

I was talking to an engineer I know and he chewed me out over wanting to build a system out of old stuff like the EAW BH882 and JBL 2395. I like it but apparently it's not good stuff.
Building a system in Pennsylvania.
SamV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2011 at 7:22pm
1850s, HD15s, xtros. Yes there's overlap but it would be imposing.
colint View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2011 at 7:31pm
This is what you want! that's what I call imposing
Edit: A Wattco system from Mykey

Edited by colint - 23 September 2011 at 2:38pm
Never criticise another man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. Once you have, call him what you like, you're a mile away and you've got his shoes!
thepersonunknown View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepersonunknown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2011 at 7:32pm
i think labs realy do look bad boy as a lump of bass, i gues you could almost streatch em to xtros, although better and more imposing with usb es 18 between. anyone actualy run a rig like that? not herd this combo exactly myself
They keep telling me life is short, but its the longest thing ive ever done!!!
infrasound View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infrasound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2011 at 7:38pm
pssst, no way Sam. Only if you like 100hz!

You'd want some badboy FLH / BP6 between 20-80hz - to get some height (Tops need to go OVER peoples heads, not straight at the poor person in front of it). Think 18"/21".

Straight hornloaded 15"s, either ported or sealed chamber. 80-240hz. Think impulse response for fast bass.

Hornloaded 10" 240hz-2hz to 1.5" / 1" compression drivers. With a sprinking of bullets on top for the cats in the audience.

.. Maybe?
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infrasound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2011 at 7:40pm
Or cross between mid/bass and mid higher to 400hz to get a sweeter 8" in the mid horn
nomercy82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nomercy82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2011 at 7:42pm
Reflex cabs I should have specified. 1850's are too much for ANYTHING I do. 
Timebomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Timebomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2011 at 8:12pm

Punisher dance stack...
James Secker          facebook.com/soundgearuk
James@soundgear.co.uk               www.soundgear.co.uk
shagnasty View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2011 at 1:02am

12 TSW-121s, 

8 TSE-218s,
4 TMS-3 V2
anything else just looks and bit, well, small, quiet and with 4 x PL 9.0 1x PL 6.0 and 2 x PL 2.0 driving it 5 way really made some rather nice sounds, the fact the whole lot looked like it may have anal sex with your Gran, if it wanted just adds to the fun...
nomercy82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nomercy82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2011 at 3:22am
Punisher Dance Stack. VERY nice work, is that a Funktion one unit on the very top? and what are the two boxes in the middle?

I think the Turbo sound stack costs more than my car.

Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infrasound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2011 at 9:30am
Nice Timebomb. Think I've seen those kick sections before on a rig, with tiny, tiny tops above it.
Timebomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timebomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2011 at 1:04pm
Thanks guys,  yep the mid highs are a funktion ax88 split in half, im working on my own mid high but its some way off yet.  The low mids are my own design 2 x 12" horn the same external dimensions as a punisher.
James Secker          facebook.com/soundgearuk
James@soundgear.co.uk               www.soundgear.co.uk
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>