Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DIY Dance stack

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2011 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by colint colint wrote:

This is what you want! that's what I call imposing
Fairplay audio system

that's mine colint (Wattco), from the mid 90's

Fairplay just owns some of it
mykey- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2011 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by Timebomb Timebomb wrote:

Punisher dance stack...
niceSmile
cilla.scope View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Legs all the way to her bottom....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cilla.scope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2011 at 2:13pm
Re the fairplay/Wattco system:

You know, if that had been painted standard black, no one would take any notice .. but painted that blue, it really stands out.

Sometimes, I think ppl paint stuff black so it looks "no worse than anyone elses" ... and sometimes you really want people to notice! ... bit of paint really does make a difference!
My girlfriend thinks I'm a stalker.
Well, she's not exactly my girlfriend yet ...
Smiter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smiter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2011 at 3:30pm

Kids dance stack that I made up (while bored, obviously), never made it out of the warehouse...

RAGING PROMOTIONS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAGING PROMOTIONS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2011 at 4:00pm
these guys reckon that their stack sounds the same as funktion, (they've used FK1 drivers you see!)its based in london and it really doesn't sound that good.

Smiter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smiter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2011 at 4:25pm
Those guys hire a rack of amps from us to drive that system, you'll see our rack case on the left.
Nice to know they're going to fields etc with it... :|

It's nicely built.. but yes... unfortunately the knowledge of processors etc is lacking somewhat.
RAGING PROMOTIONS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAGING PROMOTIONS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2011 at 4:33pm
the guys are moondrop, psy-party promoters, outdoor and indoor squat parties is what they do.
Wrek0ne View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wrek0ne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2011 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by mykey- mykey- wrote:

Punisher dance stack...
niceSmile

Very nice. What are the 2 mid range boxes? Also where are you guys from?
Poll this!
nomercy82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nomercy82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2011 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by RAGING PROMOTIONS RAGING PROMOTIONS wrote:

these guys reckon that their stack sounds the same as funktion, (they've used FK1 drivers you see!)its based in london and it really doesn't sound that good.

How could they hope the  sound like Funktion 1 if for starters they don't have the plans to build FK1 boxes/ don't have the phase plug?

Building a system in Pennsylvania.
Timebomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timebomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2011 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by Wrek0ne Wrek0ne wrote:

Originally posted by mykey- mykey- wrote:

Punisher dance stack...
niceSmile

Very nice. What are the 2 mid range boxes? Also where are you guys from?

Thanks, were from lancaster, the high mids are funktion ax88s, the low mids are my own design.

James Secker          facebook.com/soundgearuk
James@soundgear.co.uk               www.soundgear.co.uk
Wrek0ne View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wrek0ne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2011 at 8:58pm
The low mid looks naughty, how and what are they loaded with? I can't figure out if its a short double small driver based horn or a single loaded flare, do you have more pictures?
Poll this!
Timebomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timebomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2011 at 9:56pm
Cheers, Its a twin 12", there is some more pics on my facebook page, i think i posted some other pictures on here with the mid highs in.

Edit, found em:

http://forum.speakerplans.com/show-off-your-sound-systempart-2_topic38351_post470465.html?KW=#470465

You can see the access panels on the side, drivers are right behind them with magnet almost touching, horn does a quick 180 to minimize path length differences on the turn.

Edited by Timebomb - 22 September 2011 at 10:02pm
James Secker          facebook.com/soundgearuk
James@soundgear.co.uk               www.soundgear.co.uk
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>