Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DIY Dance stack

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rich_gale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2011 at 10:07pm
I'd like to see my Main Screen Eco Sound system with some double 24" underneath.  my perfect dance stack! 

Edited by rich_gale - 22 September 2011 at 10:10pm
REFLEX ALL THE WAY.... (however, im playing with horns again...) That ok Mister Valiant? :)
Timebomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timebomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2011 at 10:15pm
That looks evil, yeah with some 24s underneath and the horns pointing down from above you...mmmmmmApprove
James Secker          facebook.com/soundgearuk
James@soundgear.co.uk               www.soundgear.co.uk
mykey- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2011 at 12:39am
That's a beauty Rich
burnout124816 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burnout124816 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2011 at 1:07am
@ Rich
are these JBL horns the 2360 ? they look splendid
what driver do you use with them ?
rich_gale View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rich_gale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2011 at 11:42am
Originally posted by burnout124816 burnout124816 wrote:

@ Rich
are these JBL horns the 2360 ? they look splendid
what driver do you use with them ?

yes,  2360 horns.  the driver is a JBL 2451J neo 1.4" compression driver with an adaptor which converts it into a 2" exit, 2450J.  The adaptor is made from turned birch and is made to the exact dimensions to match the 2450J flare rate. 
REFLEX ALL THE WAY.... (however, im playing with horns again...) That ok Mister Valiant? :)
RAGING PROMOTIONS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAGING PROMOTIONS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2011 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by nomercy82 nomercy82 wrote:

How could they hope the  sound like Funktion 1 if for starters they don't have the plans to build FK1 boxes/ don't have the phase plug?

I did explain this to them but they insisted it didn't matter as they were fk1 drivers so it "must" sound good!

we used to do systems for them with 21's and res 4's apparently they consider this to sound better, each to there own i suppose!
shagnasty View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2011 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by RAGING PROMOTIONS RAGING PROMOTIONS wrote:

How could they hope the  sound like Funktion 1 if for starters they don't have the plans to build FK1 boxes/ don't have the phase plug?

I did explain this to them but they insisted it didn't matter as they were fk1 drivers so it "must" sound good!

we used to do systems for them with 21's and res 4's apparently they consider this to sound better, each to there own i suppose!

And here in lies the problem, I would imagine that lot outputs a lot more SPL than the FK boxes would with the same drivers in (face it they'll have used Fane driver, not FK ones as getting raw drivers out of FK1 is not easy for very obvious reasons), a total lack of control and phase coherence will certainly grab your ear more than a Res 4 will...

This has overtures of me quoting to put 60Kw of TMS-3/18/21s in for a party becuase a called Stacey tuff had done the last gig with 45KW (all home made that he manged to get into a single transit!!) and it wasn't enough!!!!
When I explained I would need 30' in either an artic or a 20 tonne truck to get 60KW to the gig a few home truths started to settle...

No one at FK knows any where near as much about top end PA as you average promotor does, I just wish all these audio genius' had time in their busy schedule to pop over the the farm and give John and Tony a few pointers as they are obviously overcomplicating things and need some guidance!!
Tongue
torch1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote torch1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2011 at 2:29pm
godge View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote godge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2011 at 2:30pm
four stasys5's with a pair of xtros sat on top, that's mine and my mates little stack, not entirely DIY but still. want to replace the stasys 5with a pair of stasys x, now that would make a very nice dance stack
colint View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2011 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by mykey- mykey- wrote:

Originally posted by colint colint wrote:

This is what you want! that's what I call imposing
Fairplay audio system

that's mine colint (Wattco), from the mid 90's

Fairplay just owns some of it

I stand corrected Mykey, It's one of my fav systems I've had the photo for age's  it look's so simple but it also look's like it would eat small children! can I have It please Mykey? 
Out of interest what is the bass cab and what would it have been loaded with?
Never criticise another man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. Once you have, call him what you like, you're a mile away and you've got his shoes!
IvCu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IvCu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2018 at 10:49pm

From the plans available on the internet. Which would make the best Dance stack? (Large visually imposing stack of speakers) I was thinking 2 G subs per stack with a barn door extension, and either a dual X215 ( an X 15 extended to fit 2 15's inside it) And Some sort of constant directitivity horns array.  All Active.

I was talking to an engineer I know and he chewed me out over wanting to build a system out of old stuff like the EAW BH882 and JBL 2395. I like it but apparently it's not good stuff.

I wonder what people think about this question today ! Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123