Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > MT122
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cool MT122 design, more portable

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xlsound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cool MT122 design, more portable
    Posted: 24 September 2011 at 12:47pm
Hi everyone, 

What do you reckon to the MT122 design on the left? Easier to build, easier to pack in a van, easier to lug around at the end of the night. Also it looks good.

vibez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vibez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2011 at 12:56pm
I like it, who built them???
knet94 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knet94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2011 at 1:16pm
Excellent, very versatile as you can use only one 12" for smaller gigs. Saw some on eBay and was very tempted but didn't want the rest of the stuff that was going with it.
xlsound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xlsound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2011 at 1:25pm
Hi I built them with my mate, we originally built the full sized MT122, but found it a pain to lug around. So we built the next side as individual units. we use rubber feet and routered out matching groves so you can stack the speakers without them moving. We also built a POD light in a cab to give the mid tops some height. Its a good way of gaining height, looks good and is a bit different.

Check out this photo.

knet94 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knet94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2011 at 1:26pm
That was the pic I saw on eBay. You changed your mind about selling then?
ermita View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ermita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2011 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by knet94 knet94 wrote:

That was the pic I saw on eBay. You changed your mind about selling then?

And thats the light was talking about few weeks backWink 
niceThumbs Up, but would rather like the MT121 + the other horn..so just 2 box rather than 3.
xlsound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xlsound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2011 at 1:31pm
Hi Knet94, 

Yep that was the pic on ebay. To be honest we've had very little interest in the rig so we are at a bit of a lose as what to do. Apart from two requests to split the rig we've had nothing else. I'm a bit unsure as to splitting the rig as we might be left with a half a rig that we can't use. At the moment we can still go out and party.

What do you reckon?
vibez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vibez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2011 at 1:35pm
I saw this pic on ebay too, the lights are not my style really but the cabs look wicked. I don't really have the height problem as my mt's sit on scoops and kicks. Do you have any mt's for sale??? Especially those sexy seperate cabs.
xlsound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xlsound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2011 at 1:46pm
Hi all, I will speak to my friend who half built/owns the rig with me about splitting it for sale.

I will post in the for sale section in the next few days.

Thanks for your interest.

Andy
Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2011 at 2:06pm
Quote I like it
Quote Excellent
Quote niceThumbs Up

+1 Clap

**Heavy Weight-Line**
A home without books is like a body with no soul.
andycw View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andycw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2011 at 2:26pm
They look nice! 
knet94 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knet94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2011 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by xlsound xlsound wrote:

Hi Knet94, 

Yep that was the pic on ebay. To be honest we've had very little interest in the rig so we are at a bit of a lose as what to do. Apart from two requests to split the rig we've had nothing else. I'm a bit unsure as to splitting the rig as we might be left with a half a rig that we can't use. At the moment we can still go out and party.

What do you reckon?

The problem with trying to sell as one system is that people all have their own personal preferences which may not align with yours. Splitting does give you more options but you're right, there is a risk of being left with items that nobody wants.

I wasn't aware that you only had one of each type. I (and most other people I imagine) would only be interested in pairs. You'll probably have to cut the all in one cab into three or build another one of each for maximum attractiveness to potential buyers.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>